Vivo S5 & Vivo NEX series Funtouch OS 10 (Android 10) update beta recruitment begins
Vivo is one of the smartphone vendors whose Android 10 update plans were greatly affected by the outbreak of the coronavirus in its home country of China.
The company revealed last month that it had been forced to delay pushing the Funtouch OS 10 update to its devices following the pandemic disease, but going by recent developments that saw a new roadmap revealed, it seems to have bounced back.
As of this writing, Funtouch OS 10 beta update is already available for devices like Vivo X27 and X27 Pro, Vivo NEX 3 and NEX 3 5G. Looking at the latest reports, next in line are devices in the Vivo NEX series alongside the Vivo S5.
In an official statement made in the company’s Chinese community forums, the company says owners of various Vivo NEX series devices are invited to join their Vivo S5 counterparts in submitting their interest to try Funtouch OS 10 update in beta.
Want to be part of the “Beta Tester”? Want to be the first to experience Funtouch OS 10? Welcome to the NEX & S5 public beta experience officer team!
Vivo says those invited must be owners of the NEX A, NEX screen fingerprint version, NEX S, NEX dual-screen version, and Vivo S5. The exercise ends on March 30, so hurry up and grab your seat while there is still room.
Below are the software versions needed before jumping onto the Funtouch OS 10 beta update ship:
NEX A, NEX screen fingerprint version: 7.7.15, 7.7.18, or 7.8.2
NEX S version: 7.10.3, 7.11.3, or 7.12.1
NEX dual-screen version: 5.8.1, 5.9.1, 5.9.2, or 5.10.0
S5 version: 1.9.3, 1.9.4, or 1.10.2
While the rest of the devices have 5,000 slots each, the NEX A and NEX screen fingerprint version get 3,000 slots each, so once again, try to take your chances ASAP. Those who will be selected will receive the update to Android 10 on March 31.
Below are some of the changes to expect when the update arrives:
The system version has been upgraded to Funtouch OS 10 & Android 10, and the underlying upgrade has further improved the system’s operating performance and stability.
1. The Jovi homepage has a new look. The new Jovi homepage presents all kinds of information more intuitively in front of your eyes, so that you can have a good day.
2. Add a new telephone secretary. When you encounter inconvenient answering, or when you encounter a call from a strange number or sales number, you can ask the telephone secretary to answer the call for you.
3. Updated driving scene functions. Jovi voice, rich shortcuts, smart unlock, caller announcement and other functions will bring you a more convenient experience in the driving environment.
4. Jovi IoT upgrade, combined with AI capabilities, can now automatically discover smart hardware in your home or office, helping you quickly connect devices and intelligently control your smart hardware through voice and scene settings.
1. Wisdom Pet supports voice chat, and talk with your beloved Pet through voice.
1. Security inspection, comprehensive security inspection of mobile phones, to create a safe environment for you.
2. Intelligent cleanup recommendation. According to the status of the mobile phone, intelligently recommend easy-to-clean content for you, making data cleaning easier.
3. Screen usage time, counting your phone usage time, number of unlocks, and number of notifications received, so that you can intuitively perceive the daily use of the machine.
1. Added a shortcut for clearing desktop corners with one click, making the desktop instantly clean.
Quick launch application
1. Added “Quick Launch Application”, which supports sliding and pause to bring up Quick Launch Application.
1. Added double-speed playback function to increase playback speed and make recording listening more efficient.
1. Added exchange rate conversion function, online real-time exchange rate data, making it easier to understand exchange rates abroad and across borders.
1. Added the custom option of lock screen charging effect. Choose one you like, and you can bloom your personality after the screen is locked.
2. Optimized the processing logic of some menu levels and some menu functions.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.