[Updated] Funtouch OS 10 update roadmap revealed; Vivo NEX 3 (5G) Android 10 beta & iQOO UI early adopter recruitment begins
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (from March 06) follows:
Some of our readers weren’t convinced by Vivo’s statement regarding the delayed rollout of Functouch OS 10 update based on Android 10 OS.
As the coronavirus outbreak was gathering pace, the company said the circumstances could delay rolling out the new skin to eligible handsets. The fact that it wasn’t just Vivo putting out such statements was, however, enough to support the Chinese vendor’s statement.
With most OEMs having put that aside and back at work, Vivo is also seemingly back at work. The company has finally released the official Funtouch OS 10 update roadmap for a number of its devices.
As you’d expect, the premium NEX 3 and its 5G counterpart are up there leading the rest. The duo will pick up the first public beta update to Android 10 on March 14. Ahead of this rollout, the company is recruiting NEX 3 and NEX 3 5G owners interested to try the new OS.
At this point, no one knows how long the beta testing exercise will last, but it should go on for a couple or so weeks. There are only 4,000 slots available, so act fast. Of course, this is for the Chinese market.
Your NEX 3 must be on either software version 1.12.9, 1.12.19, 1.13.7, or 1.13.10 in order to qualify into the Funtouch OS 10 beta program. The recruitment window ends on March 12 with the rollout set for two days later.
When the update arrives, below are some of the changes you should notice (translated from Chinese):
1. The system version is upgraded to Funtouch OS 10 & Android 10, and the bottom layer is upgraded to further improve system performance and stability.
1. The Jovi homepage has a new look. The new Jovi homepage presents all kinds of information more intuitively in front of your eyes, allowing you to live a good life every day.
2. Add a telephone secretary. When you encounter inconvenient answering, or when you encounter a call from a strange number or sales number, you can ask the telephone secretary to answer the call for you.
3. Updated driving scene functions. Jovi voice, rich shortcuts, smart unlock, call broadcast and other functions will bring you a more convenient experience in the driving environment.
4. Jovi IoT upgrade, combined with AI capabilities, can now automatically discover smart hardware in your home or office, helping you quickly connect devices and intelligently control your smart hardware through voice and scene settings.
1. Wisdom Meng pet supports language chat, and talk to your beloved Meng pet through voice.
1. The main interface is newly revised, and the visual design is more interesting, which is more preferred by children.
2. The content is more abundant, and suitable content can be recommended for children aged 0-12 according to age stage, including dozens of categories such as popular science puzzles, artistic influences, and more than 200 videos.
1. Security inspection, comprehensive security inspection of mobile phones, to create a safe environment for your use.
2. Intelligent cleanup recommendation, according to the status of the phone, intelligently recommends easy-to-clean content for you, making data cleaning easier.
3. Screen usage time, counting your phone usage time, number of unlocks, and number of notifications received, so that you can intuitively perceive the daily usage of the machine.
1. Added a shortcut for clearing desktop corners with one click, making the desktop instantly clean.
2. Press and hold the brightness bar and volume bar to zoom in and make fine adjustments. The enlarged brightness bar and volume bar provide dark mode and automatic brightness switch. Each detail is optimized for your convenience.
1. Added double-speed playback function to increase playback speed and make recording listening more efficient.
1. Added exchange rate conversion function, online real-time exchange rate data, making it easier to understand exchange rates abroad and across borders.
1. Added the option to customize the lock screen charging effect. Choose a charging effect that you like, and your phone will bloom after you lock the screen.
2. Optimized the processing logic of some menu levels and some menu functions.
After the Vivo NEX 3 Android 10 beta update, next in line will be the Vivo X27 and X27 Pro in late March followed by more members of the NEX family in early April. The Vivo S5 will get on board in mid-April 2020.
There won’t be any new additions to the Funtouch OS 10 update beta program until late June where the Vivo Z5, Z5i, Z5x, S1, and S1 Pro will be invited into the fold. Last in the roadmap are the Vivo Z3 family, the X21s and the Vivo X23, including the Symphony Edition.
Vivo iQOO UI early adopters recruitment
Moving on, Vivo’s gaming sub-brand last month unveiled the Vivo iQOO 3 5G phone. Going by the specs, which include a Snapdragon 865 SoC, gaming-focused liquid cooling technology, LPDDR5 RAM and the latest UFS 3.1 storage, this is a high-end device.
The device, as noted, also comes with lots of software tweaks for gamers, all baked in a brand new iQOO UI custom skin running on top of Android 10 – no Funtouch OS 10 this time. As of this writing, Vivo is looking to bring the iQOO UI to more devices.
Recruitment into the early adopters’ program is now open in China. Matter of fact, it seems we are late into the party given that the exercise started on March 3 and ends this Sunday. Only those using the Vivo iQOO Pro are welcome to join by filling a form.
Once the form is complete, Vivo says you’ll need to post in the community forums using the hashtag #iQOO UI # and share your thoughts or expectations on the iQOO UI in order to improve your chances of being selected. Only 300 slots are available.
Update 1 (March 13)
Vivo NEX 3 and NEX 3 5G users who applied for public beta (Funtouch OS / Android 10) are now getting the update.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.