[New build] BREAKING: Redmi Note 8T picks up stable MIUI 11 update, no sign of Android 10 yet (Download link inside)
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on December 11, 2019) follows:
The Redmi Note series played a crucial role in building the foundation of Xiaomi outside China. The phones are the appropriate examples of bang-for-the-buck, but the OEM has to cut some corners to maintain the price tag they are known for.
The exclusion of AMOLED display panels is another controversial topic, especially when Samsung is pushing them in lower tier phones. As the primary target market of the Redmi Note series is India, these phones usually come without NFC as well.
Now that Xiaomi is exploring the European market, they can’t disregard NFC anymore. From contactless payments to travelling cards, the application area of NFC is too big to ignore. As a result, the Chinese OEM introduced a new variant of the regular Redmi Note 8 in those countries.
Dubbed as Redmi Note 8T, the phone is nothing but an NFC equipped Note 8. The physical dimensions are a little bit different, but the most shocking thing is it runs Pie based MIUI 10 out of the box.
Xiaomi decided to maintain a completely different firmware for this new avatar, thus the device carries a separate codename (‘willow’, whereas Redmi Note 8 is ‘ginkgo’). As a result, one can not cross-flash the firmware packages.
What a disaster, as the older sibling already received stable MIUI 11. Worry not, as things are changing. 😜
As you can see from the above screenshot, the European edition of Redmi Note 8T is currently getting the stable MIUI 11 update, albeit the base Android layer is still based on Pie. The complete changelog is as follows:
Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
– Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
– Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
– Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
– Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Device: Redmi Note 8T
- Codename: willow
- Channel: Europe Stable
- Version: V220.127.116.11.PCXEUXM
- Android: 9
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: c3a7eaa019c72ffded54c734a274355a
- Type: Recovery
When do you think Xiaomi will deliver Android 10 for this phone? Let us know by commenting below.
Update (December 24)
Xiaomi has again released the MIUI 11 update for the Redmi Note 8T in Europe without any apparent reason. The new software version is V18.104.22.168. Details here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.