BREAKING: Redmi Note 8T MIUI 11 update re-released in Europe (Download link inside)
Over a week ago, we reported that the Redmi Note 8T (aka Redmi Note 8 with NFC) started receiving the stable MIUI 11 update in Europe. However, it was not based on the latest version of Android i.e. the Android 10.
The update tagged along all the new and cool goodies from the 11th iteration of Xiaomi‘s custom UI, the MIUI. For specs buff, Redmi Note 8T packs in features like Snapdragon 665 SoC, 4,000 mAh battery, 3/4 GB of RAM, offers up to 128 GB of storage and houses a quad-camera setup.
Cut to now, in a recent turn of events, Xiaomi has re-released the MIUI 11 update for the Redmi Note 8T device in Europe. Notably, the update is still stuck with November 2019 security patchset and brings in a couple of other changes.
The update arrives with the version number V188.8.131.52 and weighs around 334 MB in size for those who have received the previous build while those who are still on MIUI 10 are getting 451 MB OTA.
Below is the official changelog along with the screenshot of the update prompt:
Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
– Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
– Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
– Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
– Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
However, as mentioned earlier according to a screenshot shared by one of the users, the update does bring in a couple of changes in the system as well as stability of the device.
Keep in mind that the update is arriving via OTA in batches and will take some time in hitting all the units. However, if you wish to download the update manually on your device then, head to the below section:
- Device: Redmi Note 8T
- Codename: willow
- Channel: Europe Stable
- Version: V184.108.40.206.PCXEUXM
- Android: 9
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 6d57d7cf07215c140646bd7baa3d5041
- Type: Recovery
After downloading the zip file from the above link, go to Settings>>About Phone>>System update>>press the MIUI version logo 10 times>> tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner and select Choose update package.
Locate the update package inside the ‘downloaded_rom’ folder of your internal storage and select the file to update manually.
Note – You can check out our Xiaomi section to keep yourself updated regarding all the latest happenings around Xiaomi smartphones.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.