Realme X starts getting November security update globally with WhatsApp dark mode readability fix (Download link inside)
Realme is one of the fastest-growing young brands in India and across the globe. Thanks to there smartphones featuring maximum specs-to-price ratio, Realme has grabbed its fair share of the pie in the smartphone market.
Recently, the company came up with its first premium smartphone, the Realme X2 Pro that comes with hefty-flagship features like a 90Hz refresh rate display, Snapdragon 855+ SoC, 4,000 mAh battery, and more, all at the price of a mid-range device.
Besides, the brand has also improved in terms of rolling out security and firmware updates. And in a recent development, Realme has pushed in the latest November 2019 patchset for the Realme X.
The update not only tags along with the November 2019 security patch but also brings a lot of improvements like the readability of WhatsApp in dark mode, WeChat fix, touch and volume fix, etc.
Now coming back to the update, it arrives with the version number A.10 and weighs in around 217 MB for the OTA update. Below is the official changelog along with the screenshot of the update prompt:
● Android security patch: November, 2019
● Added click the blank area to go back to the launcher on recent task interface
Notification Center and Status Bar
● Added dark mode toggle in notification center
● Added flash on call feature
Known issues fixed
● Fixed the readability of content of dialog of WhatsApp, while enabled the dark mode
● Fixed WeChat process been shut after dark mode enabled
● Fixed volume lower when playing music after the power saving mode turned off Dolby
● Fixed touch not responding issue after exit game
● Fixed issue of download sticker shows the network connection failed with data via VPN tools
You can check out the images below regarding some of the new features that this new November update brings along for the Realme X smartphone.
Note that the update is based on Android 9 Pie. However, if you are waiting for ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 then, the Realme X is slated to receive the Android 10 update in February 2020 according to the official update timeline shared by Realme.
Now, the November 2019 update is being pushed via OTA and will take some time in hitting all the units. However, if you wish to manually sideload the update on your device then, head to the below section:
- Device: Realme X
- Codename: rmx1901
- Channel: Global (India) Stable
- Version: A.10
- Android: 9
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: c71798919deb9de9f6522c45423f4f52
- Type: Recovery
Note: You can check out our dedicated Realme section on our website for reading more similar stories.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.