Asus ROG Phone 2 gets a bug-fixing update to address car Bluetooth bug, abnormal vibration sound, & more
Over a month ago, several owners of Asus’ latest gaming phone, the ROG Phone 2, reported that the device was experiencing some issues connecting to their cars via Bluetooth.
For keen followers, you will know that this car Bluetooth bug isn’t the only issue the ROG Phone II has experienced since its global launch a few weeks ago. Just yesterday, we talked about the phone’s DTS audio & headphone incompatibility issues and the red tint in the display prior to that.
On the brighter side, Asus has done a pretty decent job patching these bugs through regular ROG Phone 2 software updates. Besides opening Android 10 beta program, Asus recently pushed October security patch to the ROG Phone II with new features and bug fixes.
A month ago, a new ROG Phone 2 update arrived with a huge list of bug fixes and optimizations, but there was no fix for the annoying car Bluetooth bug. In the latest ROG Phone 2 update, though, Asus has finally addressed this issue.
The new update is arriving as version 16.0631.1910.44 and is heading out to the global variant (WW) with model number ZS660KL.
Besides addressing the car Bluetooth bug, the new ROG Phone 2 update also addresses plenty of other issues, among them abnormal vibration sound when certain notifications arrive, back gesture occasionally fails to work, and more, as shared below.
1. Fixed the abnormal vibration sound issue when certain notifications arrived
2. Fixed the issue where occasionally the Back gesture did not work
3. Fixed the issue where occasionally in-screen fingerprint icon would not disappear
4. Fixed the issue where hotspot icon still appeared in the status bar after Wi-Fi hotspot had been turned off
5. Fixed the issue where the phone occasionally could not connect to car’s Bluetooth
6. Fixed the issue where user could not set up AirTriggers buttons when the system language was in Hebrew
7. Fixed the issue where in some regions there was no Google Assistant option in AirTriggers squeeze gesture settings
8. Fixed the issue where occasionally Kunai GamePad did not work
9. Fixed the issue where making a phone call accidentally triggered AirTriggers squeeze function
This is an OTA update and since airborne updates are rolled out in batches, some ROG Phone II users will receive the new update ahead of others. Stay patient as you wait for the notification. Alternatively, force the OTA via Settings > System > System updates.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.