Realme C1 & Realme 2 finally getting dark mode with November security update (Download link inside)
Realme started their journey with a simplified naming custom for their product portfolio, but eventually managed to convolute the whole thing. What’s more, some of their phones have multiple aliases in different markets (e.g. Realme 3 Pro is sold as Realme X Lite in China).
On the other hand, a handful of Realme phones share common firmware due to the internal similarities between them. Realme 3 and Realme 3i are the perfect example of such scenario.
Our readers may find it interesting, as Realme 2 and Realme C1 are also part of this club. Although the exteriors (especially the camera sensors) are indeed different, the underlying platforms are identical. Perhaps the ‘accidental’ bootloader unlock capability went live for the same reason.
Realme delivered a bunch of bugfix updates for the phone duo back in September. The October security patch brought Digital Wellbeing – one of the most desired features – as well as plenty of improvements.
Now that Realme 2 Pro owners are enjoying system-wide dark mode with November security patch, regular Realme 2 is receiving the same love from the Chinese OEM. A new OTA brings software version A.62 for both Realme 2 and Realme C1.
The complete changelog is as follows:
● Android security patch: November, 2019
● Updated charging animation
● Provided option to change font in Theme Store
● Added realme Laboratory
● Added Dark Mode
● Added option for notification dots for updates
Notification Center and Status Bar
● Added option to swipe down on home screen for global search or notification center
● Added fast switch toggle between SIMs in notification center
● Removed reminder after the hotspot has been enabled
● Removed the prompt when phone is rooted
● Swipe left or right to dismiss message notifications
Known issue fixed
● Fixed crashes for some applications
The official update announcement also mentions that the previous October build (A.61) is a mandatory prerequisite for getting the OTA prompt.
NOTE: Please be aware that your device needs to be updated to the latest A.61 software to be able to detect, download, and successfully update to the A.62 firmware.
Nevertheless, the full update package can be downloaded using the following link:
- Device: Realme 2 & Realme C1
- Codename: rmx1805
- Channel: Global (India) Stable
- Version: A.62
- Android: 9
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 7437aed1c3cf23dad5fab08f2e9c9f72
- Type: Recovery
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.