[Widescale rollout] Huawei Nova 5T EMUI 10 (Android 10) update goes live in Europe
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on November 18, 2019) follows:
The stable version of Android 10 was officially released on September 3, 2019. It has since been slowly rolling out to various devices. More and more phone makers are testing out their builds and are running beta Programs for the same.
One such OEM that has been actively testing its skinned version of Android 10 is Huawei. EMUI 10 beta has been undergoing testing for a while now. Moreover, some flagship models are already getting the stable update across the globe.
Another device that has been confirmed to be getting Android 10 is the Nova 5T. The device isn’t part of the beta in some countries, but is eligible for Android 10-based EMUI 10.
This announcement did elicit a lot of excitement from Nova 5T owners. To add to that excitement, it looks like the final version is now rolling out is Europe. Many Nova 5T users across Europe have reported receiving an OTA that updates their device to EMUI 10.
The Android 10 based EMUI 10 update has build number 10.0.0.168. It weighs in at a rather hefty 4.52 GB. This is not uncommon for major OS updates. Also interesting to note is that, the update has exactly the same ending as the EMUI 10 updates of the P30 and Mate 20 series.
Update Package 1:
This version is designed to let you preview new software features and give us feedback on additional software enhancements. For information on known issues with this release that may affect your daily use, see below. If you frequently use the affected apps or features, do not install this update.
1. Some banking apps are not compatible with Android 10. This problem can not be resolved until compatible versions of the app have been released.
2. Some instant messaging apps are not compatible with Android 10 and may cause problems when sending pictures. To resolve this issue, restart the app.
3. Silent mode is enabled by default for instant messaging apps notifications if you have disabled the audio and vibration alerts for these apps before installing this update. The alarm mode can be changed in the app settings to your liking.
4. For apps with the app twin enabled, this update may allow the Twin App to read messaging content. Disable and Enable the App Twin feature again to resolve the issue.
5. The screen may flicker in certain situations when playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG). Set a non-HDR resolution or restart the game to fix the problem.
6. Samsung watches may be automatically disconnected from your phone after a certain amount of time. This issue will be resolved in a later release.
7. Twenty-fold zooming by pushing out with two fingers may occasionally fail. To correct this problem, drag the zoom lever or restart the camera.
Update Package 2:
This update fixes the issue of certain user interface items being displayed incorrectly in some situations
Note that this changelog has been directly translated from German.
Huawei Nova 5T
In terms of specs, it features a 6.26″ IPS LCD display, Huawei’s own HiSilicon Kirin 980 chipset and is powered by a rather respectable 3,750 mAh battery. The phone comes with 128 GB of internal storage.
The other headlining feature is the camera. The front Camera is a 32 MP high-resolution lens. It spots a quad-camera arrangement. These include a main rear camera with 48 MP high-resolution lens + 16 MP ultra wide-angle lens + 2 MP bokeh lens + 2 MP macro lens.
Update (January 20, 2020)
Huawei is now rolling out the Nova 5T EMUI 10 stable update widely, with more users across Europe and Australia receiving the Android 10-based OTA. Details here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.