OPPO A3s gets new beta, still no sign of ColorOS 6 (Android Pie) update
A lot of new smartphones have been added to OPPO’s portfolio. Moreover, the brand offers various options ranging from budget to mid range devices.
Recently, quite a few OPPO devices have received the latest security or enhancement updates. However, in a recent development, OPPO has started a out-of-the-blue beta testing for the OPPO A3s smartphone.
We have previously reported that OPPO made the ColorOS 6 live for the A3 smartphone for early adopters in August. The new beta testing for OPPO A3s is for a limited number of users so, if you want to be a part of it, you need to enroll quickly.
But, unfortunately, the new beta does not bring in ColorOS 6 for the OPPO A3s device. To recall, we have reported previously that the A3s received new updates that enhance the stability of the device. Moreover, the September security update is also available for the OPPO A3s.
For a refresher, the OPPO A3s was launched in 2018 and is powered by the Snapdragon 450 processor. It has 2/3/4 GB of RAM and 16/32/64 GB of internal storage options.
Talking about the announcement for the new India specific beta testing for the OPPO A3s, it brings in optimization and enhancements for RAM management of the device.
Below is the official update log and the screenshot of the announcement:
[Low Ram Model Performance]
1. Optimized memory consumption of applications.
2. Tuned low memory killer as per low ram model.
3. Made optimizations to the existing low memory killer to utilize RAM better.
However, there are some guidelines and official method mentioned via which you can enroll and register yourself for the OPPO A3s new beta testing.
- Please make sure that you are updated to the latest official version of A3S (A.20/A.19/A.18)
- Please fill the below questionnaire to apply for the Version Upgrade Program. [Link: Click Here To Apply]
- This Version Upgrade Program is only for limited users on First Come First Serve basis.
- This version aims at functional testing and may be unstable, but user requirements can be basically met. You may encounter some bugs and are expected to report these bugs to us to help us solve these problems.
- If you are a tech enthusiast and would like to experience new features, apply for the version upgrade. If you expect stable and smooth experience, wait until the official version comes out.
- If you encounter any problems when using this version, report them in the ColorOS Community App. Open the app, tap the edit icon at the bottom of the Home Screen, and Tap Feedback. Alternatively, contact the customer service center directly.
Point to note is that even with this new update program, there are still no signs of ColorOS 6 for the OPPO A3s smartphone. We will keep you in the loop if we have more information in this regard.
Note – You can check out our OPPO Section to keep yourself updated regarding all the latest happenings around Oppo smartphones.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.