Huawei P30 / P30 Pro EMUI 10 global beta update starts rolling out
With the announcement of the Android 10, the race to provide and roll out the Android 10 based update between OEMs has started. The Pixel phones along with the Essential devices and Redmi K20 Pro where the first ones to receive the Android 10 based updates.
OnePlus also started rolling out the Android 10 based updates, beta though, for its OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro smartphones. Now, another popular OEM in the pipeline is the Huawei that has started rolling out the Android 10-based EMUI 10 Global beta for its smartphones.
Initially, the P30/P30 Pro users in China were only entitled for enrolling in the beta program rolled out by Huawei. However, later on this beta program was made available for other regions as well. Non-Chinese users however needed to download a small application and apply for testing. But, the enrollment program ended on September 11.
Now, in recent user reports on Xda and Reddit, it has been confirmed that the EMUI 10 beta update is now rolling out globally. Besides, some users from Norway, Germany (left image) and Malaysia (right image) have confirmed that they’ve alraedy received the update.
However, as we have previously highlighted, there are some limitation of this EMUI 10 beta build:
1. After the upgrade, the banking apps may not work correctly.
2. The night scene mode on front camera is not supported in this build.
3. Dark mode on some apps might be inconsistent.
4. Existing EMUI 9.1 themes may cause compatibility issues.
Moreover, the users need to have an approx. 6GB of free space in order to download the OTA package and install the EMUI 10 on their devices. For a quick recap, below is the full changelog of the EMUI 10 update (translated from Chinese):
Interaction: Quality and detail witness the beauty
[Magazine page layout]
– The new AI automatic aesthetic typography magazine lock screen, as well as the system interface layout incorporating the magazine design elements, gives you a truly meaningful magazine reading enjoyment.
[Morandi interface tone]
– Advanced gray tone with unobtrusive personality, making the interface display more gentle, delicate and textured
[Not simple dark mode]
– Color calculation design based on human factors research makes dark mode more than just reverse color.
[Restore natural dynamics]
– Simulate natural movements by pressing APP, card, page transition, etc., bringing a smooth experience with consistent eyes and eyes
– Add member center desktop icon, it is more convenient to enter the member center, and provide you with temperature membership service.
– Wisdom Voice: The more you use, the more you know
– Can talk to smarter essays to help you complete tasks more efficiently
– Smart Vision: Compare New Shopping Resources
– Scan product pictures, two-finger press screen product pictures will automatically open Jingdong page comparison shopping
Also, Huawei has released the timeline via which you can know when the EMUI 10 stable ROM will arrive on which smartphone:
Let us know in the comments below if you have also received the same beta update for the EMUI 10 on your Huawei P30/P30 Pro smartphone.
Note– You can check out our Huawei section to keep yourself updated regarding all the latest happenings around Huawei smartphones.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.