Huawei P30/P30 Pro EMUI 10 (Android 10) update changelog goes live before first public beta
During IFA 2019, Huawei surprised everyone by introducing the Pixel-esque two tone design on a revamped edition of P30 Pro. The matte-and-mirrored glass variant of the phone comes with Android 10 out of the box, while the generic P30 Pro is still running Android Pie based EMUI 10 in the stable channel.
Well, both the regular edition of Huawei P30 and the Pro variant are entitled to get the Android 10 based EMUI 10 update in the coming months. Owners of the phone duo in China can now enroll themselves in the public beta testing to get the first taste of EMUI 10.
According to Huawei, the registration window should be open till September 11. They also initiated the pilot testing via global FUT program. Non-Chinese users need to download a small app and apply for the testing. However, they have yet to push the Android 10 based software update to the testers.
Well, the Chinese division of Huawei apparently published the details of the first public build of EMUI 10. The version number of the newest internal testing build for Huawei P30/P30 Pro is 10.0.0.125 (patch01), which should be promoted to the public beta after tomorrow.
Volunteers have to install the August security patch (software version 9.1.103) before opting for the beta. As for the model numbers, ELE-AL00 and ELE-TL00 (for P30) and VOG-AL00, VOG-AL10 and VOG-TL00 (for P30 Pro) units are eligible for the EMUI 10 pilot testing.
The complete changelog of the 10.0.0.125 (Patch01) update is as follows (translated from Chinese):
Interaction: Quality and detail witness the beauty
Magazine page layout
– The new AI automatic aesthetic typography magazine lock screen, as well as the system interface layout incorporating the magazine design elements, gives you a truly meaningful magazine reading enjoyment
Morandi interface tone
– Advanced gray tone with unobtrusive personality, making the interface display more gentle, delicate and textured
Not simple dark mode
– Color calculation design based on human factors research makes dark mode more than just reverse color
Restore natural dynamics
– Simulate natural movements by pressing APP, card, page transition, etc., bringing a smooth experience with consistent eyes and eyes
– Add member center desktop icon, it is more convenient to enter the member center, and provide you with temperature membership service.
– Wisdom Voice: The more you use, the more you know
– Can talk to smarter essays to help you complete tasks more efficiently
– Smart Vision: Compare New Shopping Resources
– Scan product pictures, two-finger press screen product pictures will automatically open Jingdong page comparison shopping
A number of third party apps (including banking ones) are incompatible with the EMUI 10 builds at this moment, so think twice before installing the beta on your primary phone. Users should also revert back to the stock theme as third party theme support is still shaky.
If everything goes right, Chinese users should receive this update from tomorrow on their Huawei P30/P30 Pro. Global release may take a while, so stay tuned!
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.