Mi 8 SE July update arrives with DC dimming, Night mode, Game Turbo 2.0 & more
Xiaomi Mi 8 series has several variants in it. Not long ago, we reported about the release of the latest August security update to the Mi 8 Lite variant and earlier this month, the Mi 8 and Mi 8 Pro got bumped to July security patches.
Besides installing new security patches, these updates also included some performance improvements and bug fixes for all three phones, something that is typical with such minor software updates.
As of this writing, another Xiaomi Mi 8 variant, the Mi 8 SE, is now receiving a software update of its own. Similar to the Mi 8 and Mi 8 Pro, this update installs an older security patch level for the month of July 2019.
The Mi 8 and Mi 8 Pro can for sure be excused for receiving July updates in early August. But July updates for the Mi 8 SE a day before September arrives? No, that’s not excusable coming from Xiaomi.
This is especially true given that plenty of other Xiaomi devices have been receiving the latest August security patches in the recent past. We are talking the likes of Xiaomi Mi Play & Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 6 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9, Redmi Note 7S, Mi MIX 3 & Mi Max 3, Redmi 6 & 6A, Redmi K20, and so on.
On the brighter side, Xiaomi Mi 8 SE users will be delighted with the new features included in the incoming update, which carries MIUI version 10.3.2.0 and weighs 300MB.
Below is the full changelog as provided by Xiaomi:
– Fix: Contacts couldn’t be deleted from SIM cards in some cases
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
– New: Introducing customizable Lock screen clock (Settings > Lock screen & password > Advanced settings). New Lock screen clock doesn’t work with third-party themes.
– New: More clock formats for Ambient display
– New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
– Fix: Issues with overlapping in Dual Clock settings
– Fix: Media volume couldn’t be restored after receiving a notification
– Optimization: Sorting principles for Wi-Fi networks
Game speed booster
– Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
– Optimization: Improved sync across multiple devices
Apparently, the incoming Mi 8 SE update also adds the DC Dimming feature (that has been rolling out to devices with AMOLED panels for weeks now), Night Mode, ambient display customization, lock screen clock customization, more adjustments for brightness, and Game Turbo 2.0 optimization.
This is an OTA update, which means some units will receive the download notification ahead of others. You have the option to wait, but you can also grab the download file below and install it manually.
- Device: Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
- Codename: sirius
- Channel: China Stable
- Version: V10.3.2.0.PEBCNXM
- Android: 9.0
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 7a3acfc7146ff8345bb6d9eb0cc861c8
- Type: Recovery
NOTE: For more Xiaomi-related coverage, click here.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.