OnePlus 6/6T August security update arrives with Zen Mode, Fnatic Mode, DC Dimming and more! (Download links inside)
Earlier today, we did a little bashing towards OnePlus. The reason was quite substantial: the Chinese OEM started to rollout a new OTA for their highest specced device till date, aka the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, albeit with an outdated security patch.
While the 5G phone is lagging behind the other devices in the current product portfolio, OnePlus 6/6T owners are getting frustrated for a similar reason.
They got their last stable channel update back in early July, which brought June security patches alongside integrated Screen Recorder.
Worry not, as the OEM is relentlessly working to improve the user experience for their customers. The outcome is pretty obvious, as they are now pushing a new set of stable updates for OnePlus 6 (OxygenOS 9.0.8) and OnePlus 6T (OxygenOS 9.0.16).
Most of the Open Beta exclusive features are finally available for the regular users of the phone duo. Don’t be confused with the negative correlation within the list of changes and the size of the incremental update!
OnePlus’ Manu J. has already announced the combined changelog for OnePlus 6/6T in their forum:
– Optimized pocket mode
– Fixed an issue with apps failing to respond
– Fixed an issue to unlock apps successfully using fingerprint when the screen recorder is turned on
– Added Quick reply in landscape mode (Settings – Utilities – Quick reply in landscape)
– Android security patch updated to 2019.08
– General bug fixes and stability improvements
– Added password settings for Hidden Space
– Introduced brand new Fnatic mode for an immersive gaming experience, More surprises on the way
– Added additional Zen mode features
– Added the DC dimming feature
– Support VoLTE/VoWiFi for Bouygues
Noticed that highlighted portion? What do you think OnePlus will do next regarding the Fnatic mode? Let us know by commenting below.
FYI, the update is not applicable for the T-Mobile exclusive OnePlus 6T units (unless they are manually converted to global model). On the other hand, French OnePlus community should be happy to receive both VoLTE and VoWiFi on Bouygues Telecom.
Sideloading fans can grab the full update packages from the following links. I like to thank the entire Oxygen Updater community for tracking these OTA URLs.
- OxygenOS 9.0.8 for OnePlus 6: Download
- MD5: 6f0c56e5e4a48d7e9ea61ce14990121a
- OxygenOS 9.0.16 for OnePlus 6T: Download
- MD5: e1edf91a74064f7f80aae4468627ebcd
For further discussions, head over to the official thread dedicated for these new builds.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.