[OxygenOS DP3] New OnePlus 7 update brings camera improvements from Pro variant; HydrogenOS Android Q DP3 goes live in China
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on July 18, 2019) follows:
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Aristotle probably said this, but we are least bothered about the origin. Rather we prefer to highlight the fact you can easily achieve excellence in a domain by doing the right job in a repetitive manner. Well, OnePlus is doing so – at least in terms of software updates.
Earlier today, the Chinese OEM pushed a new set of OTA updates to European and global unlocked variants of OnePlus 7 Pro. The new build, tagged as OxygenOS 9.5.10, is fundamentally identical to the previous 9.5.9 update, albeit there are some additional fixes.
Keeping aside this small hiccup, the update packed tons of fixes and improvements to OnePlus 7 Pro. Here comes the excellence part: even the regular OnePlus 7 has started to receive a large subset of those advancements via a new OTA.
The version number of the new build is 9.5.7 and it is rolling out to both global (GM57AA) and European (GM57BA) OnePlus 7 units. Every single camera oriented improvements made their way from the OnePlus 7 Pro’s 9.5.9/9.5.10 update to this build.
The complete changelog is as follows:
– Optimized the sensitivity of automatic brightness
– Optimized the speed and accuracy of GPS when the screen is turned off
– Increased sound enhancement for OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 (Settings – Sound & vibration – Dolby Atmos – Earphone Adjustment – Earphone Sound Enhancement)
– Support VoLTE/VoWiFi for 3 SE and Telenor SE (EEA Only)
– General bug fixes and improvements
– Improved the performance of camera mode switching
– Improved experience of auto focusing in some scenes
– Improved the effect of photo-stitching in Panorama mode
– Improved photo quality of 48MP JPG in Pro mode
Despite being rolled out in the middle of July, the security patch level is still June 1, 2019 in this build. Just like OnePlus 7 Pro, this update was compiled on July 12.
We, alongside the Oxygen Updater community, are working hard to capture the full update packages. Our OnePlus series update index and this article will be updated as soon as we get our hands on the relevant update zips.
On the other hand, the third Developer Preview of Android Q for OnePlus 7 series based on HydrogenOS is now available for download. The OEM took around a month to release the update, which should be based on Android Q Beta 5. The changelog of the update is as follows:
1. Application compatibility issues
2. There is a low probability stability problem
3. User data will be cleared when upgrading from Android Q Developer Preview First/Second Edition
Non-Chinese users should get the OxygenOS based DP3 build soon, as that’s the pattern OnePlus likes to follow. The download links can be found below:
In case you need to upgrade from previous Developer Preview builds, use the following package(s):
- H2OS Android Q DP2 for OnePlus 7 (from DP1/DP2): Download
- H2OS Android Q DP2 for OnePlus 7 Pro (from DP1/DP2): Download
As always, the rollback zips will help you to back to stable Pie based HydrogenOS:
For further info regarding the DP3 for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro, take a look at the original announcement thread.
Update (July 19)
For further details and download links, visit the linked threads.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.