[Update: DT2W fix it is!] OnePlus 7 Pro getting new hotfix update (OxygenOS 9.5.10), Double Tap to Wake fix likely included
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
With the OnePlus 7 Pro, the Shenzhen based OEM is trying to step into the arena of camera centric smartphones – a segment long dominated by Google, Huawei and others. Featuring a triple rear camera setup along with a breathtaking DxOMark score, the attempt seems feasible on paper.
However, post-processing and software optimizations often turn out as the major factors in smartphone photography. OnePlus did lack in those departments with the earlier builds of OxygenOS for OnePlus 7 Pro.
The OEM tried to address the shortcomings with a number of OTA updates. As a matter of fact, they announced OxygenOS 9.5.9 for OnePlus 7 Pro on July 8, which brought further fixes and improvements in the camera alongside June security patches.
But plenty of users never got the update prompt.
Although some OnePlus 7 owners manually sideloaded the update using Oxygen Updater, majority of them faced numerous issues like battery draining and lackluster camera performance.
The abnormal delay fueled the rumor about pulling back the build, and OnePlus actually did it. The company is now rolling out OxygenOS 9.5.10 for OnePlus 7 Pro – both global (including India) and European units are receiving the new build.
Interestingly, the changelog of 9.5.10 build is virtually identical to that of the previous update. In case you need a quick reminder, here is the full log:
– Improved touch sensitivity for greater performance
– Smoother Visual effects
– Optimized haptic feedback for the keyboard (9.5.9)
– Optimized vibration effect for keyboard (9.5.10)
– Optimized the sensitivity of automatic brightness
– Optimized auto-switch of display resolution
– Optimized the experience of Double Tap to Wake and Tap screen to show (9.5.10)
– Optimized the speed and accuracy of GPS when the screen is turned off
– Adjusted haptic feedback of third-party app notifications (9.5.9)
– Added Face Unlock assistive lighting (Settings – Security & lock screen – Face Unlock – Face Unlock assistive lighting)
– Increased sound enhancement for OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 (Settings – Sound & vibration – Dolby Atmos – Earphone Adjustment – Earphone Sound Enhancement)
– Updated Android security patch to 2019.06
– Support VoLTE/VoWiFi for 3 SE and Telenor SE (EEA Only)
– General bug fixes and improvements
– Improved the performance of camera mode while switching from front to back
– Improved speed of auto-focus
– Advanced photo-stitching in Panorama mode
– Improved photo quality of 48MP JPG in Pro mode
Those who are already on OxygenOS 9.5.9 are getting a 106 MB incremental OTA, whereas the size is 331 MB for users having OxygenOS 9.5.8. We are not sure if the broken double tap to wake (DT2W) has been properly fixed according to the changelog, as we need to test more on our unit.
The download links of the full update packages can be found below. These were compiled on July 12 – exactly 1 week after the OxygenOS 9.5.9 builds.
- OxygenOS 9.5.10 for OnePlus 7 Pro (India/Global): Download
- MD5: 964c2e523dce00056805dd205efdc40f
- OxygenOS 9.5.10 for OnePlus 7 Pro (Europe): Download
- MD5: 4cbb1d0b9a0e4dff53043cdd43920c21
Do not forget to check our OnePlus 7 series update index! You can easily download the OxygenOS updates from there as well. 🙂
According to OnePlus’ Manu J., the older build has, in fact, been pulled back due to bugs related to double tap to wake
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.
Talk to a JustAnswer expert if you have any related query:
DISCLAIMER: PiunikaWeb & JustAnswer are in a paid collaboration, which means a reader's successful engagement with the JustAnswer service will result in some commission being passed on to PiunikaWeb.