Huawei P30 update (EMUI 220.127.116.11) brings DC Dimming, camera & fingerprint improvements
Keeping track of Huawei (and Honor) phones is a hectic job, even for professional tech reviewers. With so many regional variants and plethora of rebranding, regular customers are literally flooded with the choice of phones from this Chinese OEM.
As a matter of fact, differentiating between Huawei flagships is another convoluted task. For example, HiSilicon Kirin 980, their current in-house flagship SoC powers P, Mate, View as well as Nova lineup.
2019’s Huawei P30 and P30 Pro are mostly similar, except the Pro variant is slightly larger, comes with a bigger battery (4,200 versus 3,650 mAh), 40W fast charging and a dedicated ToF 3D camera.
The OEM recently enabled DC Dimming on the Pro model via OTA update, but the regular model did not get it then.
Well, it looks like P30 is getting the same love from the OEM. The phone is reportedly getting EMUI 18.104.22.168 OTA (the version number is basically same as the OTA for P30 Pro) in UK.
The update brings DC Dimming, secondary face enrollment for face unlock, low latency Bluetooth audio streaming and many more goodies.
The complete changelog is as follows:
– Adds the DC dimming mode, preventing screen flickering. Go to Settings > Display > Eye comfort to enable Flicker reduction.
– Adds Huawei’s ultra-low latency Bluetooth technology, allowing for high-quality sound and no-lag audio and video syncing, providing a thrilling listening and viewing experience.
– Improves photo quality, making colors appear more natural and authentic.
– Fixes the abnormal display of videos recorded by the front camera.
– Adds the option to enroll a second face.
– Optimizes fingerprint authentication. Re-enroll your fingerprints for an improved user experience
– Fixes the issue where the display colors are abnormal in certain scenarios.
– Allows for messages and notifications to display on a locked screen with live wallpaper.
– Fixes the issue where the screen does not turn off automatically in certain scenarios. Optimises system stability, for smoother overall performance.
The changelog of this update for Huawei P30 (codename: ELE) is virtually identical with the changelog of the last update for Huawei P30 Pro (codename: VOG). It actually looks good to see that the company is bringing every feature (except hardware dependent one) from the Pro to the regular model.
Have you got the new OTA update on your Huawei P30? Do let us know by commenting below.
PiunikaWeb is a unique initiative that mainly focuses on investigative journalism. This means we do a lot of hard work to come up with news stories that are either ‘exclusive,’ ‘breaking,’ or ‘curated’ in nature. Perhaps that’s the reason our work has been picked by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and more. Do take a tour of our website to get a feel of our work. And if you like what we do, stay connected with us on Twitter (@PiunikaWeb) and other social media channels to receive timely updates on stories we publish.