MIUI 12.5 beta updates 21.5.11 & 21.5.12 go live with 6 new Gallery photo editor filters, new gestures, & text selection enhancements
Xiaomi may have started with their MIUI 12.5 stable rollouts both in China as well as the global regions, but they clearly aren’t done with its beta development just yet.
The Chinese beta channel for every supported device is still just as lively as it ever was and has seen several updates being released in the recent past, with some of them bringing new features along as well.
Such updates that are being released after MIUI 12.5 stable releases are touted as being the stepping stone to MIUI 12.6, which should be the next version to keep an eye out for if you’re already running MIUI 12.5.
Keep in mind though that the update wouldn’t officially be referred to as MIUI 12.6 and would still be promoted as MIUI 12.5, although you should see a bump in the update version number in the future.
Anyway, it’s a new day with another MIUI 12.5 beta update on the horizon. Or should we say two updates? This is because Xiaomi has rolled out two beta updates back to back namely MIUI 21.5.11 and 21.5.12.
MIUI 12.5 beta 21.5.11 seems to focus on gestures with the addition of some new two-finger gestures and regional screen capture functions. Not too many details have been provided as to what these exactly do though.
This is combined with some improvements in text selection as indicated in the changelog given below:
1. Added two-finger gestures and regional screen capture functions (depending on the system version release, temporarily only the development version users can experience it)
2. Newly click the word segmentation module for secondary recognition, making the recognition more accurate
3. Added the function of sliding word selection to improve the efficiency of word selection
Next up, the MIUI beta 21.5.12 brings along an update to the Mi Gallery app wherein 6 new filters have been added to the photo editor namely wind chimes, ginger tea, mango, old times, orange flavor, and Charlotte.
1. Optimize the performance of the album, fix some problems, and improve the experience of using the album
2. Picture editor added 6 filters: wind chimes, ginger tea, mango, old times, orange flavor, Charlotte
3. Update sticker styles: Labor Day, Mother’s Day, Sparkling Starlight
If you wish to give the updates a try, then feel free to download them for your Xiaomi/Poco device via this link.
Do keep in mind that if you aren’t a part of the Chinese beta testing program, then you would require an unlocked bootloader to install the ROM zips.
That said, be sure to keep an eye on our dedicated MIUI 12.5 update tracker so that you do not miss out on any new developments.
PiunikaWeb started purely as an investigative tech journalism website with a main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Fox News, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, MacRumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.