New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on March 26, 2021) follows:
Asus ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro have long been in the Android 11 update pipeline but the update still hasn’t found its way to these handsets.
Asus already has a terrible image when the discussion comes to Android updates. With only a limited number of devices to upgrade, Asus had a relatively easier job to do.
End of Q1 2021 and the job is far from getting over. Asus’ void responses have only ignited more frustration at the user’s end.
After waiting for significantly long and bagging multiple Android 11 beta updates, Asus ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro users finally have something to be excited about.
Asus has, at last, started seeding the stable Android 11 update to the Asus ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro users officially now.
The package brings along an updated security patch and a plethora of new additions and optimizations along.
– Upgrade the system to Android 11
– Update applications such as smart butlers, contacts, phones, file management, computers, clocks, picture libraries, weather, recording programs, settings, one-click changes, and local backups
– Supports one-time permissions, improved file access control, automatic reset of permissions and other privacy features
– Maintain Bluetooth connectivity when air mode is enabled
– Adjust to Android 11 notification bar style to show ongoing conversation notifications
– Classic power key style supports Android 11 device control with Google Pay.
– New use of keys to adjust the volume and return gesture advanced settings. Adjust the style and automatically switch the color settings of the system. Remove the one-handed mode.
– Notification settings Add new notification records and dialog settings
– Adjust the quick set-up panel interface and support media control. Add proximity sharing options (manually)
– Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 11
– Back up your data before upgrading, and if you want to go back from Android 11 to Android 10, you can do so using an official package, but all your data will be purged
– The Wi-Fi Auto Download and Install setting for system updates is turned on by default
The maiden update has gone live in Taiwan as users took to the community to announce the good news. This will be followed by the global rollout.
This rollout is in line with what the mod had recently stated. Here’s the transcript of his comments.
As you can see official A11 is close. We will have the first wave for TW users. If all goes well and it doesn’t get stopped because some major bug appears, then we should start to roll out A11 in waves to WW users very soon. I’m not going to say next week because then there’s always going to be users who are upset about “you said next week” if it’s postponed.
Everyone who works with code are well aware of how hard schedules are to maintain. We hope you can respect this is how it is and we’re doing our best to release new firmwares to you with the resources we have.
Never has Asus ever released a dedicated roadmap for the rollout of updates for its devices and it continues to dodge questions related to the update-related timeline.
With the rollout of this update, Asus ZenFone 7 series becomes the second from the company to have received the stable Android 11 update.
Asus seems to have put its foot on the accelerator as Asus ROG Phone 3 is also almost prepared to get the stable Android 11 update.
Update 1 (April 09, 2021)
IST 12:49 pm Asus is expanding the stable Android 11 rollout of Asus ZenFone 7 and 7 Pro to more devices spread across the globe.
A new build with version 184.108.40.206 has gone live which is probably the second stable Android 11 build. Here’s the changelog.
– Improve system stability
– Fixes the cold color temperature in a particular scene room. Source
Update 2 (April 28, 2021)
IST 03:09 pm Asus forum moderator has revealed that the above two Android 11 builds had bugs and therefore, the wider rollout has been delayed for the time being.
Updates have been delayed since we have found issues with the latest two updates. Once the new update is approved for EU/WW. RU FOTA will follow shortly after
The rollout will continue as soon as these bugs are fixed.
More news related to Android 11 updates should follow in the coming days. In the meantime, you can keep an eye on our dedicated Asus Android 11 update tracker to never miss any updates.
Note: We have more such stories in our dedicated Asus Section so be sure to follow them as well.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.