[Updated: Apr. 20] OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 8/Pro brings March patch, fixes noise issue of 5G calls, & more
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on March 20, 2021) follows:
OnePlus — known for quick software updates — is currently struggling to release the OxygenOS 11 update to more devices from its portfolio while some other OEMs, especially Samsung, march on.
OnePlus has been on its heels trying to iron out the various issues plaguing its new skin to improve the user experience. And part of this is thanks to the ongoing OxygenOS 11 Open Beta program for the OnePlus 8 series.
Towards the beginning of the month, we reported that the company rolled out the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 7 update for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro which brought forth a bunch of bug fixes.
Now, the company has begun seeding a new beta update to the two flagship smartphones from last year making it the eighth Open Beta to have been released.
The update apparently fixes a boatload of issues such as the noise issue when making calls on a 5G network, WhatsApp messages not being received when the app is in the background, pictures not appearing in the Gallery, Nearby Share but disappearing in Google Photos, and others.
Here’s the details changelog:
• OnePlus account now can be registered with the phone number in more countries or regions
• Optimized the startup speed of some apps to improve the user experience
• Fixed the noise issue of 5G calls
• Fixed the issue that the fingerprint pattern is not displayed on the screen
• Fixed the issue that WhatsApp cannot receive messages when it is in the background for a long time
• Fixed the issue in which the “Turn on automatically” in Dark Mode is disabled after the system update
• Fixed the disappearing issue with the animation of the voice assistant wake-up gesture
• Fixed the issue that no caller ID is displayed from the favorite contacts in Do Not Disturb mode
• Fixed the issue that the Setting interface displays abnormally under the split screen of call forwarding
• Fixed the flash issue with the Quick Reply in Landscape
• Fixed the issue that the status bar is displayed abnormally when using split-screen with the Chrome
• Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
• Updated Android security patch to 2021.03 said:
• Newly added time watermark (Go to: Camera – Settings – Shot on OnePlus watermark – Time)
• Fixed the issue in which pictures are not displayed in the Gallery after they are copied to the DCIM category
• Fixed the issue that the Nearby Share button may disappear when using Google Photos
• Fixed the issue that the SCENARIO-BASED ENHANCEMENT switch is not displayed in the settings when OnePlus Buds is connected to the phone
• Fixed the issue that the device cannot be searched by other Bluetooth devices
• Fixed the issue of the incomplete dialog box displayed in landscape mode
• Fixed known issues with the SMS to improve functional stability
• Improved the touch range of stopwatch buttons and improved the user experience
• Fixed the failure issue with Wi-Fi
• Newly added the Tide Voice Medal (Complete 3 Zen Mode challenges with white noise to win this medal)
• Fixed the issue in which the AOD displays the wrong time sequence after setting up some languages as system languages
• Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may flash when unlocking with fingerprint
• Fixed the issue with AOD that the screen may display red in some scenes
• Fixed the issue of blurred lines in AOD
As you can see from the exhaustive changelog, OnePlus has fixed a boatload of bugs and issues with this update. Thus, if you’re in the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta program, we’d suggest installing the new update right away.
Further, OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro users who aren’t participating in this beta program can also expect to get the load of fixes that are available with Open Beta 8 via upcoming stable updates.
For more details about the status and availability of OxygenOS 11, you can check out our dedicated tracker.
Update 1 (March 23)
IST 14:43 pm: Users of the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro in China on the Open beta channel are receiving an update that brings the Open Beta 8 build.
The changelog is similar to the one we saw with the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 8 build and you can check it out here.
Update 2 (April 20)
IST 06:44 pm: The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro have bagged the Open Beta 9 update. It fixes a host of known bugs on the devices such as the status bar not displaying app icons, and missed calls not showing up in the notification tray as per a report.
Here’s the full changelog:
– Fixed the issue that some app’s fonts are displayed abnormally after setting customized fonts
– Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar cannot be pulled down
– Fixed the small probability issue where the status bar does not display app icons
– Fixed the issue that the missed calls are not displayed in the notification bar
– Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
– Fixed the small probability issue where recording audio with headphones may not work as expected
– Updated Android security patch to 202104
– Fixed the small probability issue that the previewed photos are flickering under the photo mode
– Fixed the issue that the contextual information of AOD is not updated timely
– Fixed the issue that the ambient display is switched to Canvas after the device owner is changed
– Fixed the issue with AOD that the time is displayed abnormally when the system language is Hebrew
– Fixed the abnormal display with the calculator under the split-screen
– Newly added the Data Monitor feature, you can find it in the Game Toolbox and monitor the FPS/CPU/GPU changes in real-time
– Improved the loading speed of the gallery to speed up the process of previewing pictures
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.