Realme Q2 5G Realme UI 2.0 (Android 11) stable update begins rolling out
With an aim to democratize 5G across the globe, smartphone brands are making every effort to launch more devices with 5G.
Even though Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets became the first ones to support 5G bands, MediaTek isn’t far away in the race. In fact, MediaTek seems to be the more cost-efficient option for mid-rangers.
It attracted the interests of Realme and the company became the first in the market to launch devices with the MediaTek Dimensity chipsets.
Realme Q2 5G, launched last year, is one such device that is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 800U chipset along with Android 10-based Realme UI on top and Android 11 on cards.
The device has since then bagged a Realme UI 2.0 (Android 11) early access and an open beta update, keeping the rollout limited to a few users.
But now it appears that the company is all prepared to roll it out to the masses.
In an announcement post, Realme has shared the news of the commencement of a stable Android 11 update for the Realme Q2 5G in China.
Bearing version A.04, the Android 11 update will roll out to every last one of the Realme Q2 5G units within a month. And here’s all you get with the stable update.
The interface is freely customized, from choosing beauty to creating beauty
– Added creative wallpaper, you can extract the color of the photo/picture to generate your own wallpaper
– Added desktop icons to support tripartite icon packs
– Added the dark mode setting, you can freely choose the three dark styles of enhanced, moderate and soft, and supports dimming wallpapers, icons, and automatic contrast adjustment
Multi-terminal mutual integration and coordination, unlimited multi-device interconnection
– Screen sharing, support remote users to share screens, both parties can watch movies and chat simultaneously, bringing closer distance
– Remote assistance, support remote control of the other party’s mobile phone, which can help the other party solve mobile phone operation problems conveniently and efficiently
– Added floating window/split-screen file drag and drop, support text, picture, file drag, and drop sharing
– Added a quick entry for Breeno screen recognition in the smart sidebar
– Optimize the interaction of the smart sidebar, the pagination editing is clearer, and the free sorting is more practical
– Added dynamic notification ringtones, when continuous notifications are received, the notification sounds will form a complete melody, and dense notifications should be elegant and free
– Newly added DND time setting function
– Optimize the note interface, and provide new visual styles on the list and edit page
– Optimize the live weather animation to make the status more realistic and vivid
– Optimize the vibration effect, enrich the multi-scene touch experience such as input method and game vibration
– Optimize automatic brightness adjustment to provide a more comfortable backlight experience
– Added folder dissolution and merging functions
– Added custom sorting of drawer mode, support sorting by letter, installation time, frequency of use, and quickly find the application you want
[Security and Privacy]
– Added the ability to turn on/off the application lock with one key in the control center
– Added SOS for all scenes:
– Early warning of natural disasters and earthquakes, and guides for avoidance can be provided during warnings
– Embassy consular protection number service, you can quickly dial the protection hotline in an emergency
– First aid information, quickly display personal medical information in emergency situations, and support lock screen display to rescuers
– Added password book cloud synchronization, account and password support multi-terminal real-time synchronization
– Optimize permission management, sensitive permissions support “only this time” authorization, avoid over-authorization, and protect personal privacy
– Added Breeno screen recognition, smart trigger, one-key direct access
– Tmall, Taobao, Jingdong product pages, intelligently recommend coupons, compare prices, and view historical prices
– Short video playback pages such as Douyin and Kuaishou, intelligently listen to songs and recognize music, and instantly recognize video background music
– WeChat public account, Tencent news article page, intelligently read articles aloud, free your hands, listen to whatever you want
– Optimize travel suggestions, smart travel companions plan your itinerary list
– Optimize sleep recommendations, provide you with more intimate sleep recommendations in sleep mode
– Added Breeno fast exercise command to quickly turn on the running or walking mode in the health application
– Added full immersion mode, closed-door gaming experience, no-interference immersive gaming
– Added game super-playing report, generating battle data in time to help the game replay (only some games are supported)
– Added game update package sharing function, which can quickly share pre-downloaded update packages to others
– Optimize the way to call out the game assistant, which is easier to use and convenient
– Add personal hotspot QR code sharing
– Newly added private safe cloud synchronization, supporting the synchronization of album data in the private safe to the cloud
– Optimize the photo album editing function, optimize the algorithm for image enhancement, and add more brushes and style filters
– Newly added cloud backup of the whole machine, supporting comprehensive data backup of mobile phone albums, documents, system settings, WeChat, etc., and easy replacement of the machine with one key
– Added backup custom selection, support selecting the required data type for backup or restoration
– Add backup copy
· Added inertial zoom function, the zoom can be switched at a constant speed in the video, and the video zoom is smoother
· Added video level and grid lines to assist video composition
– Added two-finger swipe up to call out barrier-free shortcuts
– Added a sound enhancer to enhance the weak sound in the environment and improve the audio effect
– Added voice subtitles, recognize the internal and external sounds of the phone and display them in text form
What makes this interesting is that this hints that the company is now on to releasing stable Realme UI 2.0 (Android 11) updates to all the devices that are already in beta state.
With this, Realme is on a streak and if it maintains the same speed, devices sold in India shouldn’t take long to receive the stable Android 11 update.
The likes of Realme 7 Pro, Realme X2 Pro, and many more are already eagerly waiting for the stable Android 11 update. The company has finally shown some signal.
As more devices are getting lined up for the stable update, here’s where you can get all the important information related to their rollout.
Note: We have more such stories in our dedicated Realme Section so be sure to follow them as well.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.