OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 6 for OnePlus 8/Pro adds January patch, Dock to Shelf, fixes browser crash, Gaming Space notification, & more
OnePlus may have slowed down when it comes to rolling out timely software updates to its devices, but the company remains one of the best in the business.
Having released the stable OxygenOS 11 update based on Android 11 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro devices in 2020, this year’s focus has been on providing the same OS to other devices.
Even as users await for this major update, OnePlus still has some issues to iron out, at least for those who already installed the new OS on their devices.
Of course, device owners in question are those on OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, who are now receiving yet another OxygenOS 11 update, this time the Open Beta 6 edition.
The incoming OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 6 is, as expected, airborne. This means only those taking part in the beta program will receive an OTA download notification to install this firmware.
According to a number of users who already installed the new build, the OTA package weighs in at under 200MB, as seen in one of the screenshots shared below.
OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro users have been sitting on the November security patch for quite some time, even after the recent OxygenOS 11 stable update.
But with the incoming OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 6, both devices are now getting bumped to the relatively new January security patch. FYI, Google and Samsung already pushed February patches to select devices.
In addition to the new patch, OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro users are also in for a treat with plenty of bug fixes and optimizations. There is also a new addition to the OnePlus Shelf.
Below is a summary of the changes attached to Open Beta 6, as shared by OnePlus:
– Optimized the UI display of the status bar
– Optimized the stability of frame rate and improved the experience when playing games
– Optimized the interface of the Community homepage and make notifications more eye-catching
– Fixed the crash issue where the drop-down menu of Browser
– Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
– Newly added Dock, a dashboard that displays various information, including daily steps, screen usage time, etc.
– Optimized weather animation effects to improve fluency
– Optimized animations for sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display
– Fixed the issue where notifications could not be turned off in the game in some cases
– Optimized the layout of the cloud service interface in the Gallery for a better operation experience
– Improved the transmission rate of Bluetooth when connecting watches
OnePlus will spend a couple or so weeks testing this Open Beta 6 build before making its contents available for those in the stable OxygenOS 11 channel. We will let you know when this happens.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.