[Update: Android 10 rollback package released] Realme rolls out stable Realme UI 2.0 (Android 11) update to Realme X50 Pro users
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on December 4, 2020) follows:
While the stable version of the said update was supposed to be out by November-end for Realme X50 Pro, it is being rolled out now – a tad late.
The announcement about the Realme X50 Pro Realme UI 2.0 (Android 11) stable update has been made on the Realme Community.
The OEM has also shared an extensive changelog for the update version C.16, which clearly outlines all new changes that it offers.
The features of Realme UI 2.0 (Android 11) make it a highly customizable and user friendly Android-based skin and all these features are finally reaching Realme X50 Pro.
– Personalize the user interface to make it your own.
– You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
– Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
– Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
– You can now drag text, images, or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
– Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
– Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
– You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
– Optimized the user interfaces of Notes: New visuals are provided on the list and editing pages.
– Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
– Optimized vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
– Optimized “Auto brightness”.
– You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
– Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
[Security and Privacy]
– Added “System cloner”: You can create a system clone from your main system and use different fingerprints to enter different systems.
– You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
– Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified people.
– More powerful SOS functions
– Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
– Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
– Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
– You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
– You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
– Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
– Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
– You can back up your photos, documents, system settings and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
– You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
– Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos.
– Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
– Added the lens stain detection feature.
– Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
– Added Sleep Capsule, help you schedule downtime and secure your sleep time
– Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds in the environment and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.
However, the OEM has stated that the said update will be rolled out randomly to limited users and all users will get the same in some time.
This staged rollout is being done to ensure the quality and stability of the update and a wider rollout will be done once the OEM verifies those factors.
Also, the latest update is not available for manual installation yet but it is mentioned that the download link for the same will be provided soon.
In order to ensure the stability of this update, we are making it a staged rollout. The update will be randomly pushed to a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there is no hamper to user experience. Also, the manual download link will be updated to the website soon.
So, you can let us know about the latest OS update if you own a Realme X50 Pro and have received the said update by dropping a comment below.
That said, we will update this post once we have the download link for the latest update so that you can install the same manually on your Realme X50 Pro.
Moreover, we will be back with more such updates as and when new information becomes available so stay tuned.
In the meantime, you can check out our Realme Android 11 (Realme UI 2.0) update tracker to get the latest updates on the topic.
Furthermore, we have curated a consolidated Android 11 update tracker for all major OEMs and carriers so be sure to go through it as well.
Update 1 (December 31)
IST 02:23 pm: Realme is now rolling out the stable Realme UI 2.0 update based on Android 11 to the Realme X50 Pro Player Edition back in China as version C.18.
Below is the full changelog as shared by Realme in the community forum:
– The interface is freely customized, from choosing beauty to creating beauty
– New Creative Wallpapers, can extract photos/picture colors to generate your own wallpapers
– New desktop icon supports three-party icon pack
– New Dark Mode settings, you can freely choose the enhanced, moderate, soft three dark color styles, and support dimmed wallpapers, icons and automatic contrast adjustment
– Multi-ended mutual integration and coordination, multi-device interconnection without restrictions
– New mobile phone connectivity
– Screen sharing, support for off-the-go users to share the screen, both sides can synchronize movie chat, so that the distance is closer
– New floating window / split-screen file drag, support text, pictures, file drag and drop sharing
– New Smart SideBar Breeno Screen Quick Entrance
– Optimize smart sidebar interactions, peddle editing is clearer, and free sorting is more practical
– New dynamic notification ringtones, when received continuous notifications, chimes will form a complete melody, dense notifications should also be elegant
– New Do Not Disturb time settings feature
– Optimize the note interface, list, edit page to provide new visual styles
– Optimize live weather animation to make the state more realistic and vivid
– Optimize vibration effects and enrich the touch experience of multiple scenes such as input method and game vibration
– Optimize Auto-adjusting brightness for a more comfortable backlighting experience
– New folder dissolution and merge function
– Custom sorting of new drawer modes, supports sorting by letter, installation time, and frequency of use to quickly find the app you want
[Security and Privacy]
– New system division, specific fingerprint password to unlock a specific system
– Added The app lock can be turned on/off at the touch of a button in the Control Center
– New full-scene SOS
– Natural disaster earthquake warning, which provides a safe haven guide
– Embassy Consular Protection Number Service, which can be quickly called to the protection hotline in an emergency
– First aid information, quick display of personal medical information in emergency situations, and support for lock screen display to rescuers
– New password this cloud synchronization, account password support multi-end real-time synchronization
– Optimize rights management, sensitive permissions support “this time only allowed” authorization, to avoid excessive authorization, to protect personal privacy
– New Breeno screen, smart trigger, one-click direct
– Tmall, Taobao, JD.com merchandise page, intelligent recommend coupons, prices, view historical prices;
– Shake sound, fast hand and other short video playback page, intelligent listening to music, instantly identify video background music;
– WeChat Public Number, Tencent News Articles page, intelligent reading of articles, free your hands, want to listen to
– Optimize travel advice and plan your itinerary for your smart travel companion
– Optimize sleep advice and provide you with more intimate sleep advice in sleep mode
– New Breeno Quick Exercise Directive to quickly turn on running or walking mode in health apps
– New full immersion mode, closed game experience, no interference immersion game
– New game hyperplay war report, timely generation of war data, to help the game re-play (only partial game support)
– Optimize the way the game assistant exhales, which is easier to use and easier to use
– New personal hot spot QR code sharing
– New Private Vault Cloud Sync to support syncing album data from Private Vault to the cloud
– Optimize album editing, optimize image enhancement algorithms, and add more brushes and style filters
– New machine cloud backup, support mobile phone albums, documents, system settings, WeChat and other comprehensive data backup, one-click easy to change machines
– New backup customization options to support the selection of the required data type for backup or recovery
– Added Shooting Sharing and Editing to quickly share and edit photos or videos taken
– New inertial zoom function, video zoom constant speed switching, video zoom more smooth
– New lens dirty reminder
– New video level, grid line, auxiliary video composition
– New sleep capsule feature, timed lock phone, save your sleep
– New two-fingered slide-out accessible shortcut
– New Sound Booster to enhance weak sound in your environment and improve audio performance
– New voice subtitles, recognize the phone’s internal and external sounds and display them in text
Update 2 (January 28)
IST 01:25 pm: Realme has released the Android 10 rollback package for the Realme X50 Pro and Realme X50 Pro Player Edition. Users with either of the two devices who wish to downgrade from Realme UI 2.0 can grab the rollback packages via the links below.
Realme X50 Pro:
- Realme UI 1.0 rollback package
- Version: A.27
- Download: Link
Realme X50 Pro Player Edition:
- Realme UI 1.0 rollback package
- Version: A.27
- Download: Link
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.