OnePlus 8T/8/Pro VoLTE issue still present after latest OxygenOS 11 update? Try this unofficial workaround
OxygenOS 11 has had one too many issues in the few months that it’s been available for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro and even the OnePlus 8T that came with it preinstalled.
We have covered many of these issues in our frequently-updated OxygenOS 11 bug-tracker and you can check out more on that here.
Early last month, we saw the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro bag an OxygenOS 11 update, OxygenOS 18.104.22.168. Unfortunately, it wasn’t all rossy after this update.
Shortly afterward, users of these devices began noticing abnormal behavior with their devices’ VoLTE and VoWiFi features. This, the company later said, would be fixed in a subsequent build.
However, there might be a way to fix this after all. Be warned though. This is not for the faint at heart and you need to be sure of what you’re doing as you risk messing up your device in case of a misstep.
That said here’s how you can get back VoLTE and VoWiFi on your OnePlus 8 device on Android 11-based OxygenOS 11, courtesy of miuiturkiye.
– Install Logkit applications on our phone. (do not install engineer mod)
– USB Debugging must be enabled
– Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Drivers on your computer as an administrator.
– Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot Program
– In the search screen of your phone, type * # 800 #.
– Select Engineer Mode. Press ENTER from the screen that appears .
– Go to the Oneplus Logkit section. Scroll down a little bit and enter the Function Switch section.
– Switch volte actively learn from the restart VoWiFi Switch the option to activate .
– Restart your phone
1- USB Debugging mode must be active.
2- Connect to the computer with USB, do not select anything (File transfer etc.)
3- Enter these commands on the CMD screen. : adb reboot ftm
4. Chinese texts will appear on the device, after a while the device will turn on, but there will be no screen.
5. Enter these commands on the CMD screen : adb shell
6. on adb shell :
setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb
7. Search the application named PDC from the Start menu of your computer, find it, right-click and run it as administrator.
8. Select the device from the PDC Program, Device section.
9- Once you find it, click on it.
11- Right-click with your mouse and
12- Set Selected Config option and select the icon you want to activate. [sub0 >> Sim 1 or sub1 >> Sim 2] For dual-line, you can choose both.
13-After done, Pending text will appear. Then press the text Activate.
14- Finally : adb reboot
Please note that the above excerpt has been directly translated from Turkish.
With that, users that are feeling confident enough to delve into this system-altering procedure stand a chance to enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on their devices.
This procedure seems to be actually working as initial reports from users that were affected with this issue (1,2,3) now indicate that they were able to re-enable VoLTE and VoWiFi on their OnePlus 8 devices.
We shall continue to keep an eye on this and update as and when we get subsequent info or updates from OnePlus so stay tuned.
NOTE: We have these and many more OnePlus stories in our dedicated OnePlus section.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.