Xiaomi MIUI 12 launcher adds new search box to add Gaussian blur on Android 11, redesigned icons section, & multiple bug fixes
However, Xiaomi’s beta program is still on in China and its members keep on getting regular updates with many enhancements.
The download link for the latest alpha update is given below for manual installation. However, some of the features might not work with Android 10 as they are limited to the latest OS update.
- MIUI Alpha Launcher Update V126.96.36.19907-12021143: Link
1. Fix switching the third-party desktop, the recent task is blank bug;
2. Adjust the desktop squeeze and drag animation parameters;
3. When fixing gestures, tap the card in recent tasks in horizontal screen to enter;
4. Optimize the icon size setting page revision;
5. Fix to repeatedly click the recent task button to enter the recent task;
6. New search box to add Gaussian blur effect on Android 11 (temporarily supports Mi 10/Pro;
7. Fix the problem that the recent task card is displayed in white after rotating.
While the Icons section UI in the MIUI System Launcher settings has been slightly tweaked, upcoming updates might bring a whole new option.
There is the new Select style and adjust size option which currently allows only icon size adjustment but future update might bring the ability to choose from different icon styles as well.
However, it is unclear when the aforementioned feature will be made available as the OEM has not made any announcements on the matter.
Also, the icon style feature will first be made available on the beta channel so it might take a little too long before it hits the stable channel.
Nevertheless, it is still good to see that Xiaomi is steadily improving the user experience on its in-house custom skin while also focusing on the latest OS update.
That said, we will bring more such updates once new information becomes available so stay tuned to PiunikaWeb.
NOTE: There are more such stories in our dedicated Xiaomi section so be sure to go through it as well.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.