[More fixes] New MIUI Launcher update adds privacy icon to blurred apps preview in Recents, fixes Android 11 black screen bug, & more
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on October 30, 2020) follows:
Xiaomi’s MIUI is among the most widely used custom skins because of its user friendly features including MIUI System Launcher.
The OEM has been constantly improving the user experience as we recently saw an alpha update which brought many improvements to the in-house system launcher.
Now, another MIUI System Launcher update is out with a couple of bug fixes and some new additions to further improve the user experience.
However, this is also an alpha update like the previous one which means that it has to be installed manually as it will not be made available on the stable channel.
The update version 188.8.131.520-10281956 fixes the gesture crash and Android 11 black screen issues along with the addition of the privacy icon to blurred app previews in the Recents menu.
This makes the latest MIUI System Launcher update quite optimized while the privacy indicator in Recents further makes the system more interactive.
Mi Fans will not be getting this update over the air but that does not mean that they cannot even install it manually.
Here’s the alpha update download link followed by the changelog so that you can gauge and experience the latest changes yourself.
- MIUI System Launcher Alpha Update V184.108.40.2060-10281956: Link
New MIUI Alpha Launcher Update V220.127.116.110-10281956
1. Fixed the bug that gestures occasionally crashes;
2. Fixed black screen bug on Android R with a layer on it when opening the app;
3. Added fuzzy overview map-add privacy mark for recent tasks;
4. After uninstalling the content center, the slide up option is invalid bug.
(Translated from Chinese)
It is good to see that Xiaomi is not just focused on major updates like MIUI 12 or Android 11 and is also enhancing system apps individually.
Nevertheless, it is unclear when the OEM plans to make all such improvements available on the stable channel as there is no news about a wider rollout.
Hopefully, Xiaomi makes all such changes available on a larger scale soon as a lot of users are quite fond of MIUI and the overall experience that it offers.
That said, we will provide more details once new information becomes available so stay tuned to PiunikaWeb.
Update 1 (November 18)
IST 06:25 pm: The latest MIUI Launcher alpha update brings along a host of new fixes. This new update comes as version 18.104.22.1681-11161902 and must be installed manually.
Download MIUI Launcher:
- Application: MIUI Launcher
- Version: 22.214.171.1241-11161902
- Channel: Alpha
- Download: Link
1. Fixed an accidental crash during quick transitions;
2. Fixed the issue where the recent tasks dropdown is not blocked;
3. Fixed a bug where the theme clock is not displayed in the list of widgets;
4. Fixed an issue where the button would slide when entering a recent task and thumbnails would overlap;
5. Fixed for Android R
After switching to horizontal multitasking, the thumbnails got bigger;
6. Configured the widget ribbon (app roll) so that it is displayed correctly;
7. Fixed an issue due to which the widget ribbon did not work in Android R;
8. Fixed the problem with abnormally rounded corners of the screen in edit mode;
9. Fixed a bug due to which the entrance to windowed mode in the upper right corner did not disappear occasionally.
NOTE: There are more such stories in our dedicated Xiaomi section so be sure to check it out.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.