[Update: Changelog added] Xiaomi apparently starts Redmi Note 7 Pro MIUI 12 update wider rollout in India
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on October 10, 2020) follows:
It’s been several months since Xiaomi first began rolling out the MIUI 12 update for its devices. However, the company has been struggling to release the update for all eligible devices.
Early last month, we reported that the company wrapped up the rollout of its latest skin for devices in the second batch from its update schedule in China.
The keyword here is ‘China’. While most MIUI 12 eligible smartphones sold by Xiaomi in China bagged the new skin within the first couple of months since the rollout, the same cannot be said for variants sold in other markets.
Take for example the Redmi Note 7 Pro which received the stable MIUI 12 update in China all the way back in August. But it only received the MIUI 12 update in India after more than a month.
That too was simply a beta stable ROM and thus was not meant for the general public. Later, Xiaomi began rolling out a stable update for the device in India in September.
This update went live as version 188.8.131.52.QFHINXM but was, yet again, released only to a limited number of users.
Furthermore, Xiaomi has been not been forthcoming regarding the wider rollout of MIUI 12 for the Redmi Note 7 Pro in India.
According to details shared by users, they are receiving the same version which released earlier. Therefore, it’s likely that Xiaomi has begun pushing the update on a wider scale.
This new update weighs in at 777 MB and is rolling out on Redmi Note 7 Pro handsets at random. Of course, much like any other software update, it will be available in batches.
At present, Xiaomi has not made any official statement regarding the rollout. But it’s clear that the update is available for a wider set of users this time.
Of course, we will continue tracking the situation and will post an update once new details emerge. Meanwhile, you can keep track of the MIUI 12 update status for the Redmi Note 7 Pro here.
Further, you can check out our dedicated tracker for the rollout of MIUI 12 for all Xiaomi smartphones.
Update 1 (October 14)
We’ve now got our hands on the changelog for the MIUI 12 update for the Indian variant of the Redmi Note 7 Pro. As expected, there are a boatload of new features and improvements that come with Xiaomi’s new skin for the device.
MIUI 12. Yours alone.
– New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
– New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
– New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
– Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
– Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
– Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
– Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
– New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
– New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
– Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
– Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
– Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
– Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
– Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
– Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security.
[Status bar, Notification shade]
– New: Screen lights up with an animation now
– New: Status bar color gradient animation
– Fix: Notification shade wasn’t displayed correctly in Dark mode
– New: You can create folders with notes now.
– New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
– New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
– New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
– New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
– New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
– New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.