Xiaomi MIUI 12 beta update brings new Mi Browser multi-window page, search start page, reworked web video player, & more
Xiaomi is yet to wrap up the development of MIUI 12 beta update while several devices are still in line to get the stable version of the latest custom skin.
While the MIUI 12 beta development was temporarily suspended in China, it is now back on track and testers have started receiving new MIUI 12 beta updates.
The latest beta update version 20.10.14 brings several new features to the Mi Browser making it even more user friendly.
The information comes from the Xiaomi & MIUI News Telegram channel where the release notes of the latest beta update have been shared.
As per the announcement post, Mi Browser gets the new multi-window page and a new module to restore previously closed pages.
Apart from that, there is the reworked web video player which can now support playback speeds from 0.75x to 3x along with the screen projection and video download features.
Also, a new search start page is added and the bookmarking function has been simplified by shifting the Add to Desktop option to Menu-Toolbox.
Moreover, there are new modules for frequently visited pages and bookmarks while bookmarks can now be searched and accessed from the page.
– The new multi-window page, newly closed module, can easily restore the previously closed web page
– The web video player has been reworked. Under most web pages, it can support 0.75~3 times speed playback, video download, and screen projection.
– The history functions such as horizontal and vertical view of window pages are offline
– Simplified the bookmarking operation, and moved “Add to Desktop” to “Menu-Toolbox”
– Brand new search start page, add bookmarks and frequently visited modules, search and access bookmarks can be operated on the same page, which is more convenient
The latest MIUI 12 beta update does bring some efficient features to the Mi Browser, however, there are no major changes in the overall user experience.
This update is currently released in China and that too for Xiaomi’s beta testing program members only.
Nevertheless, the new Mi Browser features will eventually make their way to the global MIUI 12 stable ROMs.
That said, we will keep tracking the development of MIUI 12 and will provide updates when new information becomes available.
In the meantime, you can check out our MIUI 12 update tracker to get the latest information on the topic.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.