Xiaomi MIUI 12 closed & public beta development to remain suspended between September 30 & October 12
Xiaomi’s MIUI 12 has already reached a lot of devices in beta and stable versions while several devices are still in line to get it in the third round of rollout schedule.
The OEM has not officially announced the commencement of the third batch but the completion of the first and second batches indicate that Xiaomi is now ready to proceed with the schedule.
Moreover, certain devices that are listed in the third batch of MIUI 12 update rollout schedule have already received the stable version.
However, many devices are due to get the latest custom skin but the development appears to be slowing down as per recent reports.
The latest MIUI 12 beta update version 20.9.22 was recently announced in the Xiaomi & MIUI News | Xiaomiui Telegram channel along with some changes from the latest beta update.
– New: New AI watermark adds 3 location watermarks and latitude and longitude watermarks
– Adapted models: Redmi K30 Pro, Mi 10 Ultra
– Optimization: Video recording mode 8K video function entrance integrated into the top menu bar
– Suitable models: Mi 10 Ultra, Mi 10, Redmi K30 Pro, Mi 10 Pro
Apart from this, the announcement post also contained some information about the development of MIUI 12 which suggests that those who have not received the latest custom skin yet will have to wait a bit longer.
As per the announcement post, the development of MIUI 12 closed and public beta updates will be suspended from September 30, 2020 till October 12, 2020 because of the National Day 2020 holidays in China.
The 2020 National Day holiday version release plan is as follows, thank you for your understanding;
– From September 28th to September 29th, 2020: The development version internal test is normally released, and the development version public test is suspended during the week;
– From September 30th to October 9th, 2020: closed beta of the development version and public beta of the development version will be suspended during National Day;
– October 12, 2020: The development version internal test, the development version public test resume release.
This will highly impact the pace of the third batch of MIUI 12 update rollout schedule while the development of the Android 11 stable update will also get delayed for devices currently under internal and public beta testing.
While the development of MIUI 12 has been suspended only in China, the global markets will also suffer from it heavily considering Xiaomi provides all major updates in the home-country first.
Now that the upcoming updates will be delayed in China itself, it is unclear how long it will take the global markets to receive the same.
That said, we will keep tracking this for further development and will provide updates as and when new information becomes available.
Meanwhile, you can check out our MIUI 12 update tracker as we constantly update it with the latest information. Furthermore, we also have a dedicated Xiaomi Android 11 update tracker so be sure to go through it as well.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.