[Update: Official confirmation] Pocophone F1/Poco F1 MIUI 12 update rolling out widely (Download link inside)
NOTICE: We’ve created an archive of all major developments related to the Poco F1 smartphone and MIUI 12. We are continuously updating that page with the latest Pocophone F1 news so that you don’t need to search for information related to the device on a daily basis. Head here to access that page.
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on October 13, 2020) follows:
Also, the latest custom skin was recently re-released for limited users while there was no word on when a wider rollout would start.
Now, it seems that the Pocophone F1 MIUI 12 update is being rolled out on a larger scale to the global variant of the device in question.
The OTA update to version 220.127.116.11.QEJMIXM is now up for grabs for those on the global Pocophone F1 units and for those who want to install it manually, we’ve got your back.
Here is the update changelog followed by the download link. However, be sure to go through these workarounds in case you come across any errors while installing the update manually.
– MIUI 12. Yours alone.
– New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
– New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
– Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
– Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
– Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
-In accordance with the requests of the local authorities, Mi Video, slow-motion videos, AI soundtrack, dictated subtitles, and selected preview functionality will no longer be available in India. -Related app icons will disappear from the Home screen.
-New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
-New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
– New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
– New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
– New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
– New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
– New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
– New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
– New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
– New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
– New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
– New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
-Updated Android Security Patch to September 2020. Increased system security.
[Status bar, Notification shade]
-Fix: Status bar wasn’t displayed correctly with color inversion
– New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
– New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
– New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
– New: You can create folders with notes now.
– New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
– New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
– New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
– New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
– New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- Device: Pocophone F1
- Codename: beryllium
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: V18.104.22.168.QEJMIXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: ce099a706769919f27da337d5b3c5a59
- Type: Recovery
It must be noted that users of the Poco F1 had been waiting for the MIUI 12 stable update for quite some time while also demanding a wider rollout from the OEM.
It appears that Xiaomi has finally listened to anxious users as multiple Pocophone F1 users have been reporting about this MIUI 12 update which further confirms that it is being rolled out on a larger scale.
However, a bunch of Xiaomi devices are still in line for the latest custom skin but it is expected that all remaining devices will get the MIUI 12 update by October-end.
This update clearly suggests that Xiaomi intends to deliver its latest custom UI to all remaining devices as soon as possible.
While this might be subject to change as one can never be sure about the release date of software updates, we would like to believe that the OEM will stick to its words this time.
That said, we will provide updates as and when new information becomes available so stay tuned to PiunikaWeb.
In the meantime, you can check out our MIUI 12 update tracker to get the latest updates on the topic.
Update 1 (October 14)
Poco India’s General Manager, C Manmohan, has confirmed that the MIUI 12 update for the Poco F1 has indeed begun rolling out, albeit in batches. Therefore, the OTA package may take a few days or even weeks to arrive on your unit.
NOTE: We have more such stories in our dedicated Xiaomi section so be sure to go through it as well.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.