[Update: Official confirmation] Poco M2 Pro MIUI 12 update released partially to random users (Download link inside)
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on September 29, 2020) follows:
Users of the Poco M2 Pro have been anxious about software support for their beloved device but it seems that the wait is finally over.
Now, the Poco M2 Pro is finally receiving the MIUI 12 update with all the goodies of the latest custom skin.
So, you can now grab the MIUI 12 update for your Poco M2 Pro as it is live over the air. However, you can also manually install the update by downloading the ROM from the link given below.
Here’s the update changelog followed by the download link. Also, be sure to go through these workarounds in case you encounter any errors while installing the update manually.
– New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
– New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
– New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
– New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
– New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
– New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
– Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
– New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
– New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
– New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
– New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
– New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
– New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
– Updated Android Security Patch to September 2020. Increased system security.
– New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
– New: You can create folders with notes now.
– New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
– New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
– New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
– New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
– New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- Device: Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro
- Codename: gram
- Channel: India Stable
- Version: V188.8.131.52.QJPINXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: be860b8c307ca67af2c01801ba36410d
- Type: Recovery
It was recently reported that all remaining Xiaomi devices are expected to get the MIUI 12 update by October-end. However, this update has definitely come as a surprise for Xiaomi Poco M2 Pro users in India.
It must be noted that the Director at Poco India, Anuj Sharma, recently shared a poll on Twitter regarding some good and bad news for the Poco M2 Pro users.
While the good news appears to be reaching the Poco M2 Pro in the form of MIUI 12, it is unclear what the bad news is.
The bad news might be that the Poco M2 Pro MIUI 12 update is currently limited to Mi Pilot program members which further means that a wider rollout might take place at a later point.
Nevertheless, since no official announcement has been made about either news, our guess is as good as yours. That said, we will provide updates when more information becomes available.
Meanwhile, you can check out our MIUI 12 update tracker if your Xiaomi device is yet to bag the latest custom skin.
Update 1 (September 30)
Poco India’s director — Anuj Sharma — has confirmed that the MIUI 12 update for the Poco M2 Pro is rolling out in batches in the country. And the ‘bad news’ we touched on earlier was nothing more than a light-hearted joke by the Poco official.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.