[Updated] OnePlus 8 & 8 Pro Android 11 (OxygenOS 11) beta 4 update rolls out with multiple bug fixes & optimizations
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on August 31, 2020) follows:
OnePlus has a new update rolling out to OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro handsets participating in the company’s OxygenOS 11 beta testing program.
Announced several weeks ago, the program, which brings Android 11 OS to the two devices, was expected to enter the Open Beta phase at around this time. Instead, the company is rolling out OxygenOS 11 beta 4 update to the duo, probably the final closed beta release.
If you just came from a cave, OnePlus released OxygenOS 11 beta 3 earlier this month, promising that the next update would bring the Open Beta version of Android 11 to participating OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro handsets.
But it seems the company has encountered some unexpected bugs that need to be addressed before more device owners are invited to try Android 11. According to a post made in the official OnePlus forums, the incoming update has the following changes:
– Optimized display effects with some UI
– Optimized the lagging issue under some settings
– Optimized the stability with the upload of log in Community
– Optimized delayed response issue with pull-down of the status bar
– Fixed the crash/reboot issue under some settings
– Fixed the all black issue with status bar in dark mode
– Fixed the bug that system cannot be re-started after OTA upgrade
– Fixed the disabled “save” feature of screenshot
– Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WeChat, QQ and Screen Recorder at one place (enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
– Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
– Fixed the abnormal increase of brightness when entering the Gallery
– Fixed the incomplete screenshot issue in some cases
– Fixed the issue that background of weather did not display
– Improved the performance and stability of network transfers
Still, looking at this OxygenOS 11 update roadmap, OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro users are still on course to receive the Open Beta update in a week or so. But of course, you can never be sure with software update release dates.
It is also worth noting that the official announcement post for the latest Android 11 beta 4 update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is not up yet, but we will keep an eye on it and update this post once OnePlus publishes it in the forums.
Update 1 (September 02)
IST: 09:13 pm: We had earlier reported in the story above that the Android 11 Developer Preview 4 is now live for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. Today, OnePlus has made an official announcement for the same.
Update 2 (September 08)
IST: 06:03 pm: Users with the Chinese variants of the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro can now join the public beta program to try HydrogenOS 11 based on Android 11. The update is currently being reviewed by Google before it can go live. See the full story here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.