Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition bags MIUI 12 update in beta stable version (Download link inside)
One reason Xiaomi is among the top smartphone names is the sheer number of devices it pumps into the market annually. The company manages to do this at times by releasing multiple variants of the same device with different names in various markets across the globe.
While this means keeping up with the new releases is an uphill task for the general consumer, Xiaomi does a great job keeping each one of them up to date.
For instance, the Mi CC9 is known globally as Mi 9 Lite while the Mi CC9 Pro goes by the name Xiaomi Mi Note 10/Pro in markets outside China. As far as the Mi CC9e is concerned, the global market knows it as Xiaomi Mi A3.
Other than the Mi CC9e whose MIUI 12 update is still in beta, the other two have already received stable updates to MIUI 12 not just in China, but also on their global variants.
And then there is the special Mi CC9 Meitu Edition, a China exclusive variant. As of this writing, owners of the Mi CC9 Meitu Edition are now joining the likes of Mi CC9 and Mi CC9 Pro in receiving the stable update to MIUI 12.
But as a typical precaution, Xiaomi is only making the MIUI 12 update available to a limited set of Mi CC9 Meitu Edition owners, with the rest expected to join the party once the initial release passes the required tests.
For device owners who do not wish to wait, we have the link to download and install the update manually. In the event that you encounter any errors while installing the update, check out this article for a possible solution.
- Device: Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition
- Codename: vela
- Channel: China Stable
- Version: 22.214.171.124.QFECNXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 2c09c180cc2558667f1c97d117a37743
- Type: Recovery
Below is the full changelog:
– MIUI 12. Yours alone.
– New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
– New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
– Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
– Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
– Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
– New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
– New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
– New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
– New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
– New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
– New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
– New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
– New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
– New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
– New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
– Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
[AI Call Assistant]
– New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
– New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
– New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
– New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
– New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
– New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
– New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
– New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
– New: Our new low-power consumption AI algorithm allows you to count steps and track workouts whenever your device is with you.
– New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
– New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
– New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
– New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
– Optimization: MIUI 11 custom toggle order is preserved after updating to MIUI 12
– Fix: Some toggles disappeared from Control center in the editing mode
– New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
– Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
– New: You can use custom images with Always-on display now.
– New: Usage history saves all your choices and allows you to come back to them.
– New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
– New: You can track your previous trips now.
– New: Checklists for trips.
– New: Alarms for train arrivals.
[Mi Carrier Services]
– New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
– New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
– New: Buy SIM cards and services.
– Optimization: Full screen gestures are now ignored on the Lock screen alarm page
– Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
– Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security.
– New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
– Fix: Custom signature didn’t appear on the Lock screen
[Status bar, Notification shade]
– New: Screen lights up with an animation now
– New: Status bar color gradient animation
– New: All-new design.
– Fix: Notification shade wasn’t displayed correctly in Dark mode
– New: More than 2000 new Always-on display themes.
– New: Dashboard with the stats that cover 4 weeks is available now.
– Optimization: New design makes your Screen time stats more comprehensible.
– New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
– New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
– New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
– New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
– New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
– New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
– New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
– New: You can create folders with notes now.
– New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
– New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
– New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
– New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
– New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
– New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
– New: Shared family storage plan is available now.
– Some features might not be available on this device. Visit www.miui.com to learn more about MIUI 12.
Having already received Android 10, the incoming MIUI 12 update is expected to prepare the Mi CC9 Meitu Edition for one final major Android OS update to Android 11.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.