The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.0 2019 model released with Android 9 Pie running the show. Thus, it has been in line to receive the Android 10 update. As a matter of fact, the One UI 2.1 update based on Android 10 began rolling out for the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 last month.
But as with all updates, especially on the Android platform, it was not released to users all around the globe at the same time. The first batch of devices that began receiving the update appeared to be units sold in India.
And as we mentioned in our previous report, other regions will begin receiving the update shortly. Well, that holds true since the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 users in the U.S. are now beginning to receive the Android 10 update on their device.
Further, it is also officially listed on the company’s own update tracker. The new update brings along the One UI 2.1 skin from Samsung which offers a bunch of useful features and also contains a few minor tweaks and improvements.
Here’s the changelog for the update:
– Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
Icons and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
– The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
– Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
– Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
– Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
– Get more information from the app bar.
– Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
– Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
A Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 user also took to Reddit to confirm that the update has indeed begun rolling out via an OTA package. This new update is rolling out with the software version T290XXU3BTG1 and it brings the July 2020 security patch to the device as well.
A few other individuals have also confirmed that the update has arrived with the same thread on Reddit. However, there are other users who claim that the OTA update isn’t showing on on their Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 model.
In case, you too haven’t yet received the update, don’t fret. Software updates are pushed in batches, thus, it might take a bit longer for it to arrive on your device. That being said, the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 model is also expected to bag the Android 11 update. More on that here.
In the meantime, if you’re on the lookout for the Android 10 update on other Samsung devices, you can take a look at our One UI 2.0/2.1 update tracker.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.