Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 One UI 2.1 (Android 10) update rolls out
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 is one of the best budget Android tablets you can get your hands on. Of course, Samsung has tried to take on the iPad with its own premium tablets. However, they fail to offer the power and feature set of Apple’s offerings.
Nonetheless, the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 released last year and it packs in some decent specifications. On the software front, it runs on Android 9 Pie which at this moment is almost 2 years old. Google released Android 10 in September 2019 and the device was in line to receive the update.
Fortunately, Samsung has finally released the update to Android 10 for the Galaxy Tab A 8.0. This new update brings a host of new features including the latest skin from the company called One UI 2.1. Samsung recently released the One UI 2.1 update for the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) as well.
Moreover, the S Pen model of the Tab A 2019 also received the update a couple of weeks ago. Therefore, it’s good to see Samsung roll out the update for the standard model without much of a delay.
This new update brings a ton of new features including an enhanced dark mode, revamped icons, additional camera features, and more. Furthermore, it brings the latest July 2020 security patch to the Galaxy Tab A 8.1 2019. The build number for the update is T290XXU3BTG1.
Here’s the entire changelog for the update:
– Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
Icons and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
– The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
– Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
– Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
– Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
– Get more information from the app bar.
– Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
– Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
At the time of writing this, official update trackers do not list the One UI 2.1 update for LTE model. However, Samsung’s official update tracker for the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 Wi-Fi-only model is updated to reflect the new software version.
But an unofficial Samsung update tracker has listed the new software version for the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 LTE model. A user has also shared a screenshot on Samsung’s community forum in India. So it appears the update is live in India and will be rolling out to other regions soon. The OTA download size is around 1491 MB.
Samsung is yet to release the Android 10 update for all its eligible devices. You can check out our Samsung Android 10 update tracker to know when it arrives on your phone or tablet. Till then, enjoy the One UI 2.1 update on your Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019 model.
Stay tuned to PiunikaWeb for more updates on the Android 10 rollout and more.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.