Xiaomi Mi 10 MIUI 12 update up for grabs on global units in stable version (Download link inside)
The Xiaomi Mi 10 is the company’s flagship for 2020 and has been in line to receive the MIUI 12 update since the announcement. Xiaomi is known to release at least two major Android updates along with a few MIUI upgrades for its devices.
Speaking of which, the Mi 10 bagged the stable MIUI 12 update in China. The company often releases updates for the Chinese variants of its devices first. And after a few weeks, it begins pushing updates to other regions.
Previously, we reported that Xiaomi has begun inviting early adopters for its Mi Pilot program for the global Mi 10. The early testing allows the company to iron out any leftover bugs and issues before a wider rollout.
Luckily for users, the wait for the update is finally over. Mi 10 users are now beginning to receive the Android 10-based MIUI 12 stable update. This update is being pushed to users with the global variant of the device.
The new software version for the update is V184.108.40.206.QJBMIXM which has been bumped up from V220.127.116.11.QJBMIXM. It comes as an OTA package with a size of 1.0GB.
MIUI 12. Yours alone.
– New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
– New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
– Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
– Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
– New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
– Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
– New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
– New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
– New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
– New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
– New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
– Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
– New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
– New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
– New: Recently connected devices will be pinned on top of the list for a short time
– New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
– New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
– New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
– New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
– Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
– Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.
– Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
– Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
– New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
– New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
– New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
– New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
– New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
– New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
– New: You can create folders with notes now.
– New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
– New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
– New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
– New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
– New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
As expected, there’s a long list of new features and improvements that come along with the update. Xiaomi’s new skin also made its way over to the Mi 10 Lite 5G units in Europe while the Mi 10 Lite Zoom update is live in China.
At present, this seems to be a limited release. Therefore, there are chances that you might not get the MIUI 12 OTA on your Mi 10 right away. But if you can’t wait, we’ve got you covered.
You can download the update and install it manually on the device. Although, make sure to create a backup of the files on the device to avoid any loss of data. The link to download the update package is given below:
- Device: Xiaomi Mi 10
- Codename: umi
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: V18.104.22.168.QJBMIXM
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 127910e56efc724ec4ff9ab55772dc98
- Type: Recovery
Xiaomi has also released the Android 11 beta update for the Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro. However, it is yet to release MIUI 12 for a few other eligible devices. You can check out our MIUI 12 update tracker to know when it arrives on your device.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.