Oppo Reno3 Pro ColorOS 7 Developer Beta program kick-starts
The Oppo Reno3 Pro is one of the latest mid-range smartphones from the company. It released in March this year and comes with a decent set of specifications. Being a newer device, it also has Android 10 pre-installed alongside ColorOS 7.
This is the latest skin from Oppo and it brings a host of new features and refinements over ColorOS 6/6.1. Recently, we reported that the rollout for ColorOS 7 had been affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
But it seems that Oppo is ready to move forward with the next step. The company has now officially kick-started the ColorOS 7 Development program for the Oppo Reno3 Pro. This program is live for users in India and Indonesia at the moment.
Bear in mind that the Oppo Reno3 Pro already comes with ColorOS 7 out of the box. Thus, this new Developer Program is meant for testing new features and improvements that can be brought forward.
Users must be on either of the following software versions to take part in the beta testing: CPH2035PU_11.A.19_0191_202006190208 or CPH2035PU_11.A.19_0190_202006190208. If you’re running on a version lower than these two, you may not be able to get into the Developer Beta.
The new Developer version brings a set of improvements and features to the Oppo Reno3 Pro. We’ve listed the entire changelog for the update below:
• Adds New personalized signature, graphic screen-off clock, more custom settings, customize your exclusive screen-off clock.
• Adds Screen-off clock supports additional information display such as date, battery, notification, etc.
• Adds Screen-off clock supports custom display time, power saving, scheduled, all-day.
• Optimizes Overall lock screen notification management, lock screen notification management is more efficient and better protect your privacy.
• Adds Desktop drawer application supports batch addition to the desktop, app management is more efficient.
• Adds Home Screen layout lock, prevents accidental delete, and moving of desktop apps.
• Adds Gravity Live Wallpaper, Brings you a cooler visual experience.
• Adds Setting recommendation, recommend the function you want to find, setting item search is more efficient.
• Adds Super power-saving mode, which not only keeps frequently used applications but also has a long standby time, allowing you to completely stress-free in low battery.
• Adds The power consumption graph in Battery, the phone power consumption display is more intuitive.
• Adds the “Back” button in the screenshot preview interface.
• Adds support for horizontal long screenshots.
• Adds Default data card supports the one-touch quick switch from the control center.
• Optimizes Information display at the top of the control center, time and local weather information display are more intuitive.
• Adds Screen recording with custom resolution and bit rate, freely choose your desired sharpness and file size.
• Optimizes Screen recording floating window supports a quick selection of recording sound type, screen recording sound setting is more efficient.
• Adds long-press clear button in “Recent Tasks” to enter recent task management.
• Adds One-touch optimization of Phone Manager now supports HeyTap Cloud shortcut, one-click activate Cloud Service to backup your important data.
• Adds Quickly open Alipay, WeChat scan, and payment code in the sidebar, payment scan code is more efficient.
• Adds Contact geometric style avatar, give you a new visual experience.
• Optimizes The icon at the bottom of the volume pop-up box is not grayed-out when the volume is turned to the lowest.
• Optimizes Clone app now supports independent app encryption, privacy protection is better.
• Optimizes Developer options notifications are adjusted to non-permanent notifications, the notification can be deleted, the notification bar is more concise.
「Do not disturb」
• Optimizes the string “next day” to “tomorrow” in scheduled Do Not Disturb.
At present, Oppo has not revealed whether the Reno3 Pro developer program will be expanded to more regions. Oppo’s sub-brand Realme also took a similar approach with the Realme X2 Pro.
Nonetheless, interested users can visit their respective country links (provided above) to see the instructions on how to join the Developer program. FYI, this is based on Android 10, and isn’t the developer preview for Android 11.
Oppo is yet to release Androd 10 (ColorOS 7) for some of its devices. You can check out our Oppo Android 10 update tracker to know when it arrives on your phone.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.