[Updated] Samsung Galaxy A20 Android 10 (OneUI 2.0) update arrives in the US
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on July 2) follows:
A week ago, the Galaxy A20 users in Canada were served with stable Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update and now it is time for users in the US. Notably, Galaxy A20 Android 10 update in India triggered the VoWiFi (WiFi Calling) support for the phone.
And as per a Reddit post, several Galaxy A20 users in the US are reportedly getting served with Android 10 (One UI 2.0) update. It arrives with build number BTE6 and bundles the May security patch with it.
Here is the complete changelog of this new update:
One UI 2 upgrade with Android 10
One UI 2 brings you Android 10, with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.
We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe during the upgrade.
Some apps, including Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health and Samsung Notes, need to be updated individually after you update your OS.
Here’s what’s new.
– Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
– Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
Full screen gestures
– Added new navigation gestures.
– Settings moved to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.
– The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
– Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
– Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
– Keep an eye on your kids with new parental controls.
– Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
Now that Android 10 is out of the way, users might be thinking whether their Galaxy A20 will pickup Android 11 update or not. Well, if we go by our dedicated Samsung One UI 3.0 Android 11 eligible devices list, Galaxy A20 will surely get updated with Android 11.
Samsung has a transparent update policy where it guarantees two major OS updates for its devices. And since Android 10 being Galaxy A20’s first OS update, there is room for one more update, i.e. Android 11.
However, note that this is not an official list and readers should take this piece of information with a pinch of salt.
Thanks for sharing the info, Nidhin Kj!
Update 1 (July 14)
The update to One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 is now live for the Galaxy A20 on the Metro PCS and Boost Mobile network.
Update 2 (July 14)
The update to Android 10 is now live for devices on U.S. Cellular, T-Mobile, Sprint and Virgin Mobile.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.