[Stable update Live] Oppo F7 Android 10 (ColorOS 7) beta/trial update program kick-starts, first batch opens up
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on May 16) follows:
Rejoice! Chinese smartphone manufacturer Oppo has now started the Android 10 (ColorOS 7) beta/trial update program for the Oppo F7. The first batch of this Android 10 beta program is live for the Oppo F7 users in India.
Well, Oppo has been pretty late in joining the Android 10 update party, but when it did, it came with a full-proof plan and has constantly kept its users updated with the process of the rollout.
It came with an update roadmap of Android 10 (ColorOS 7), right at the beginning of this month, for a batch of devices, which included the Oppo F7 and F7 128G.
And as per the roadmap, both the Oppo F7 and F7 128G was supposed to grab the Android 10 (ColorOS 7) update on May 16, i.e. today itself. And it seems like the company has stuck true to its words and has begun with the beta recruitment and rolling out the updates.
The announcement about this new beta Android 10 based ColorOS 7 trail version update was made on the official community webpage. Here is what the post reads:
Dear ColorOS Superfans,
The long-awaited 1st batch of F7 ColorOS 7 + Android 10 Trial Version Program finally kicks off. If you want to try the trial version, submit your application.
A quota of 2,000 each users is set for this batch in India So hurry up & don’t miss it.
Talking about some details, the trial version of Android 10 (ColorOS 7) is limited to 2,000 users in the first batch. The update will be arriving with version number CPH1819EX_11.F.07 for the users who have successfully registered with this program.
Here are the features that the users will get after updating their Oppo F7 and F7 128G with this update:
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
And as per one users post on Twitter, the Android 10 (ColorOS 7) trial version update is rolling out for the Oppo F7 and F7 128G registered users. The update weighs in around 2.65 GB in size.
We would like to remind our readers that the first batch of Android 10 (ColorOS 7) beta recruitment is for the users only in India and might carry some bugs or glitches as it is a beta update. So, make sure that you are okay with it before updating your Oppo F7 with the trial version update.
Update 1 (June 2)
The second trial version update to ColorOS 7 is now live for the Oppo F7 and F7 128gb variants. A total of 10,000 quotas is available for India, Vietnam, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, Pakistan, Algeria, and the Philippines. Head here for the official announcement.
Update 2 (June 25)
The stable update to ColorOS7 for Oppo F7 has been released. Head here for more details.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.