[Live in India] Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 One UI 2.1 (Android 10) update begins rolling out
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on April 3) follows:
Samsung has a new software update available for the Galaxy Tab S6 – the much-talked-about One UI 2.1 update based on the latest stable operating system from Google, Android 10.
The Galaxy Tab S6 becomes the latest Samsung device to pick up the stable One UI 2.1 update in the recent past in the wake of the company dishing out the newer One UI 2.1 package to the likes of Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and S10.
Matter of fact, folks in the U.S. are in line to begin receiving the updated One UI 2.1 firmware on their Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10 handsets as from today, April 3, onwards.
The incoming Galaxy Tab S6 One UI 2.1 update is available in Germany. It tags along a new March 2020 security patch alongside a flurry of Android 10 and One UI 2.1 features to enjoy.
Arriving as software version T865XXU2BTC7, it will take some time before every Tab S6 unit in Germany or Europe for that matter receives this new update. Folks in the U.S. will have to wait a little longer as carriers do their thing before the OS is released, probably later this month or in May 2020.
Below is a summary of the changes the just-released Galaxy Tab S6 Android 10 update has in store:
One UI 2 upgrade with Android 10
– One UI 2 brings you Android 10, with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.
– Enhanced image, text, and color adjustments for day and night environments.
– Darkened wallpapers, widgets, and alarms while Dark mode is on.
Icons and colors
– Clearer app icons and system colors.
– Improved layouts for titles and buttons to eliminate wasted screen space.
– Enhanced animations with a playful touch.
Full screen gestures
– Added new navigation gestures.
– Navigate more comfortably on large screens with minimal finger movement.
– Easily focus on what matters with clearly highlighted buttons.
– High contrast keyboards and layouts for large text have been improved.
– Listen to live speech and display it as text.
Better text over wallpapers
– See text more clearly against wallpaper, as One UI automatically adjusts font colors based on light and dark areas and color contrast in the image below.
Media and devices
– Replaced the SmartThings panel with the Media and Devices.
– Media: Control music and videos playing on your phone as well as other devices.
– Devices: Check and control your SmartThings devices directly from the quick panel.
– The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
– Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
– Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
– Keep an eye on your kids with new parental controls.
– Added the ability to edit the modes that appear at the bottom of the screen.
– Provided a More tab so you can quickly access hidden modes from the preview screen.
– Improved the layout so you can focus on taking pictures without the settings getting in the way.
– Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
– Get more information from the app bar.
– Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to get even more features.
– Added Trash feature for Contacts. Contacts that you delete will stay in the trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
– Stickers can be added to a date without creating an event.
– Ringtones can be used for event alerts.
– More options are available for repeating reminders.
– Set location-based reminders for a specific period of time.
– Share reminders with your family group and other sharing groups.
– Set reminders for a specific date without an alert.
– Created a Trash feature so you can restore files if you delete something by mistake.
– Added more filters you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
– You can now copy or move multiple files and folders to different destinations at the same time.
– Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
– A multilingual translation feature has been added.
– A text undo/redo feature has been added.
– You can now search for music in Spotify directly from the keyboard.
– An icon to open Samsung Pass has been added.
– Files can now be quickly and easily shared with nearby Samsung devices using Quick Share.
– Music Share now lets you share music with your friends using a Bluetooth audio device.
– Bixby Home has been replaced with Samsung Daily.
Update 1 (April 16)
The Android 10 update for the Tab S6 is now live in The Netherlands.
Update 2 (April 17)
The Android 10 update has also reached devices in Switzerland.
Update 3 (April 17)
The Android 10 updaate is now available for devices in Romania.
Update 4 (April 18)
The Android 10 update is now live for devices in the Philippines.
Update 5 (April 20)
The Android 10 update has made its way over to devices in Qatar.
Update 6 (May 6)
The Android 10 update is now live for the Wifi variant of the Tab S6 in the US.
Update 7 (May 16)
The Galaxy Tab S6 is now picking up the update to Android 10 in Brazil.
Update 8 (May 21)
The Android 10 update for the Tab S6 is now live for devices in Australia.
Update 9 (May 23)
The Android 10 update for the Galaxy tab S6 is now live for the devices in India.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.