[Stable update out] Oppo A5 2020 & A9 2020 Android 10 (ColorOS 7) beta/trial update program kick-starts as first batch goes live
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (May 22) follows:
Although Oppo was late in joining the Android 10 update rollout party, it has done a good job in the recent past in sending out updates for its phones.
Most of the Oppo phones are already in the beta stage and soon will be upgraded with the stable Android 10 (ColorOS 7) update. And going by the recent announcement by Oppo, the Android 10 (ColorOS 7) beta update program has kicked off for two more devices.
Notably, Oppo A5 2020 and A9 2020 are the two devices for which the beta update program has been started.
As per the previously shared May ColorOS 7 (Android 10) roadmap by Oppo, the Oppo A5 2020 was slated to pick up the Android 10 beta update on May 22, while the Oppo A9 2020 was scheduled for May 28, 2020.
But, the OEM was quick to change the statement, and via it’s official Twitter handle, made an announcement that both the Oppo A5 2020 and A9 2020 will get the update on May 22.
Cut to now, the update is already live for the registered users. The official announcement thread on the ColorOS community website is also live for the Oppo A5 2020 and A9 2020 users in India.
The beta/trial program is limited to 5,000 users in the first batch. Those who have successfully registered with the beta program will be getting the version number CPH1931EX_11.C.60.
Here is the list of changes, this new ColorOS 7 (Android 10) beta update will bring in for the Oppo A9 and A5 2020 devices:
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
As this is a beta update, it will come with certain bugs and issues, and users are required to make sure that they are okay with this before flashing their device with the beta update. For more information, you can head here.
And by the time you are reading this post, the Oppo A5 2020 and A9 2020 beta users are already receiving the beta updates on their phones.
So, if you wish to enroll your self with the Android 10 (ColorOS 7) beta or trial program for the Oppo A9 and A5 2020 devices, then you should head over to Settings>>Software Updates>> tap the gear icon and click the Trial Version. Fill in the information asked, and tap on Apply Now. Hurry! As the seats are limited.
Update 1 (May 26)
The beta recruitment to ColorOS7 for the Oppo A11 and A11x has kickstarted. Head here for more coverage.
Update 2 (June 15)
The stable update is now hitting Oppo A9 and A5 2020 devices. Complete coverage here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.