[Updated] OPPO K5 ColorOS 7 (Android 10) beta update goes live in China
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on February 22, 2020) follows:
Once the Android 10 OS was unveiled by Google back in September 2019, smartphone OEMs started coming up with their plans and roadmaps for updating their devices.
OPPO was also one of the OEMs that came up with the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) global update timeline that depicts which device will be updated at what date.
And now in a recent development, the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) beta update is rolling out for the OPPO K5 users in China. In fact, we came up with a report stating that the OPPO K5’s Android 10 update will arrive on February 25 in China.
Talking about the announcement about the beta update for OPPO K5, it was made via the official ColorOS community website. Notably, the first batch of the beta update is limited to 2,000 users and users are required to be updated to version A.18 to receive this beta update.
OPPO K5 users have been waiting for a long time,
The long-awaited ColorOS 7 For OPPO K5 limited early adopter is officially open!
The number of early adopters is limited to 2,000. Because the quality of the early adopter version needs to be continuously optimized, so the amount of early adopters is currently small. Please forgive me.
Under the premise of ensuring the quality of the version, we will speed up the increase of the adaptation speed and continuously optimize the experience to bring you better and better ColorOS 7.
The update brings in all the new features of the ColorOS 7 along with Android 10 goodies as well. You can check out the complete changelog of this update below:
– New borderless design upgrades, more stunning visuals, more efficient operations, and a more natural experience
– Added OPPO Sans default font, overall simple and elegant, full of technological beauty
– Added Breeno instructions, allowing you to complete daily tasks faster with fewer steps, and create personalized shortcut instructions
– Added Breeno voice and photo search function, can perform voice search according to photo time, place, person, etc.
– Added Breeno voice, camera wake-up, and can switch camera mode by voice
– Added Breeno voice, open and close dark mode, query step count, open Breeno screen and other voice commands
– Added Breeno suggestion, low battery reminder, automatic detection of nearby power bank merchants when low battery
– Added Breeno sleep mode, enter dark mode at night, and turn on DND
– Added Breeno screen, meeting schedule information identification, you can add a schedule with one click
– Optimized Breeno scan, independent scanning and identification, easy to evoke
– Added Breeno driving, which can quickly open the phone, music, WeChat and a recently used application
– Added Breeno quick tour, news information module
– Optimize visual interaction and enhance one-handed operating experience
– Optimize the smart sidebar, replace the file table with file management, and remove the Breeno voice, ultra-clear visual effects, and notification not to disturb three shortcut tools
– Add notes shortcut tool
– Added support for drag and drop applications to achieve fast split screen
– Added “buoy transparency” and “buoy full screen hidden” settings
– Optimize the floating window mode adaptation range, more applications support floating window opening
– Added floating window bubble function to support fast expansion / collapse of floating window
– Optimized three-finger screen capture, you can press and slide with three fingers to select the screen capture area; long press and slide down to drag the screen to quickly take a screenshot
– Added screenshot settings, which can adjust the position of the preview floating window, set the prompt sound, etc.
– Optimize screenshots to preview floating windows, pull down to share, and pull up floating windows for long screenshots
“Navigation Gesture 3.0”
– Added swipe in from the sides of the screen and pause to switch to the previous app
– Optimize all gestures to support landscape scenes
– Added flashback button, support desktop display of important information of navigation, taxi, game, one-click to quickly return to the application
– Added dark mode, saving power and protecting eyes
– Added focus mode to help block outside interruptions while working or studying
– Added new charging animation style
– Optimize the control center interaction, making the one-handed operation experience more friendly
– Added screen recording pause function
– Added screen recording floating window and recording settings
– Added 360 cleaning engine
– New global themes, themes add more playability
– Added global delete sound effects, calculator key sounds, compass pointing sound feedback
– Optimize built-in ringtone resources
– Added accessibility TalkBack hover tips
– Added accessibility color mode to improve the user experience of visually impaired users
– Added the latest task management page, including the latest task display memory information switch and application lock management
– Optimize visual interaction in game space
– Optimize game space to start animation
– Optimize game assistant interaction and callout methods, add gamepad connection entrance
– Added new interactive live wallpaper
– Added Art + Static Wallpaper
– Added desktop sliding settings, which can be customized to open the global search or notification center
– Add desktop icon customization, you can customize icon size, shape, style
– Optimize the unlocking process, you can switch the unlocking mode by swiping up
– Optimize password unlocking vision, more convenient for one-handed unlocking
– Added lock screen support for live wallpapers
– Optimize the screen clock style, more personality choices
– Added desktop simple mode, larger font icon, more concise and clear
– Add password function, auto-fill password, realize one-click login
– Added the remote guard application usage time, you can view the use of the mobile phone in the past 7 days
– Added remote guard deactivation period, you can set the deactivation period of the bound mobile phone
– Added a time limit for the remote guard application. You can set the duration of the mobile phone application to limit the number of games.
– Add remote guard one-click navigation, one-click navigation to the location of the bound mobile phone
– Added SOS emergency contact smart customer service for help. When the emergency contact does not answer the call, the intelligent customer service will help continue to call the emergency contact
– Add a random MAC address to connect to WiFi, block targeted advertising, protect privacy, and make information more secure
– Added status bar icon prompts when using sensitive permissions, you can view the details of the specific invoked application to prevent personal privacy from leaking
– Added permission usage records, you can view the history of application call permissions
– Add note grid pattern
– Added note background setting, providing 6 colors and 4 skin backgrounds
– Added note time reminder function, can set reminder time for reminder
– Added the function of deleting and retrieving notes, deleted notes will be kept in the recently deleted folder for 30 days
– Added calculator small window mode, support quick start through control center and smart sidebar
– Add recording trimming function, which can trim existing recordings and get important clips
– Added calendar support to customize the recurrence period of the schedule
– Add alarm clock dynamic weather ringtone to match different ringtones according to the weather of the day
– Added weather animation effects, showing different motion effects according to different weather
– New file management, add OPPO cloud disk entry, access OPPO cloud content
– Optimize camera interaction and improve operation experience
– Optimize camera countdown interaction and prompt sound
– Optimize the album and album interaction, the level is clearer, and the picture is more convenient
– Added album recommendation, support more than 80 types of scene recognition
– Added OPPO mutual transmission support to communicate with vivo and Xiaomi devices
– Optimize phonebook vision, bring more concise and efficient experience
– Add new phone number shortcut settings page, one-click to create new contacts, add tags or blacklist
– Add new inactive periods, customize inactive periods, and effectively manage phone usage time
– Added time limit for new applications, you can set the duration of application use, limit the number of games in some games, and prevent apps and games from being addicted
– Optimized search function, support fuzzy search and search record display
– Added Soloop Instant Recording to better understand your video intelligent creation tools
– Add health, monitor sports health data, and provide health services
The post also shared the application method via which users of OPPO k5 in China can enroll in this beta update program:
▶ Application method of the official version (the early adopter application channel can be detected from 10:00 on February 22):
1. Make sure your phone version has been upgraded to A.18 version ;
2. Enter system settings, click software update, and click the settings button in the upper right corner;
4. Successfully recruited users will receive version pushes within 3 days, please be patient.
PS. If the quota is full, please wait patiently for the next batch of quotas to open.
Update 1 (April 07, 2020)
A couple of days ago, OPPO started taking in the second batch of OPPO K5 owners who wish to try ColorOS 7 beta update ahead of the official rollout. With only 2,000 slots for the first batch, the second batch now wants 8,000 more units.
You must be using model number PCNM00 with software version A.18 or A.19 in order to get the latest ColorOS 7 beta on your unit. Once you submit your interest successfully, the OTA package will head your way within three days.
Update 2 (April 30, 2020)
The third ColorOS7 recruitment batch for the Oppo K5 is now live. Head here for the official announceent.
Update 3 (April 30)
The stable update date to ColorOS 7 for the Oppo K5 has been revealed. Head here for more details.
Update 4 (May 20)
The stable update to Android 10 for the Oppo K5 is now live. Head here for more coverage.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.