Huawei MediaPad M6 & Honor 9X EMUI 10.1 beta released; Honor 20S & Nova 5 series internal beta recruitment begins
On March 26, Huawei opened registrations into the official EMUI 10.1 beta program for Chinese variants of the Honor 9X and Honor 9X Pro. The registration window ended on April 6 and as of this writing, the company has started rolling out the promised EMUI 10.1 beta to the duo.
The pre-condition was that both Honor 9X and 9X Pro units should be coming from EMUI 10.0.1.120 in order to receive the official OTA update to EMUI 10.1.0.76 when it arrives.
As of this writing, those whose registration was successful are now receiving the latter update – EMUI 10.1.0.76 – over the air, tagging along screen sharing, Huawei Share, cross-device Photo Gallery, Celia – Huawei Voice Assistant, new themes, multi-tasking support and more.
This same EMUI 10.1 beta update is also rolling out to owners of the Huawei MediaPad M6 family of tablets, be it the 8.4-inch or 10.8-inch variant. The OTA package is directed to successful applicants who submitted their interested a while ago and carries EMUI version 10.1.0.116.
Below is a summary of the changelog (translated from Chinese via Google Translate):
[Smart Split Screen]
– Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and pause, call the side application bar, long press Drag the application to open the split screen immediately; click the application to open the floating window, when watching videos or playing games, you can reply to the instant message through the floating window, the experience is uninterrupted, and the operation is more efficient
– To improve the dual window experience, according to need Adjust the display size of the left and right windows by sliding the interval line in the middle of the double window
[Free Connect Screen Sharing]
– Share the screen during a video call, not only share the screen information, but also freely graffiti on the screen to share information while chatting, just like face-to-face communication No matter it is to teach family members to use tablet remotely, or to discuss the itinerary with partners, or to purchase online together, it is easy to complete
– New distributed management capabilities, any device can browse under the same Huawei account and the same home WLAN, Search, share pictures and videos from other devices (need to turn on Bluetooth and only support Huawei Machine, flat screen and wisdom)
Magic UI 3.1/EMUI 10.1 beta recruitment for Honor 20S & Nova 5 series
Similar to the Honor 9X, 9X Pro and MediaPad M6 tablets a week or so ago, owners of the Honor 20S and Nova 5 series are now invited to submit their interest to try the new software on their handsets.
For Honor 20S devices, the available recruitment leads them into Magic UI 3.1 beta while the Nova 5 series application, which has the Nova 5, Nova 5 Pro, Nova 5i Pro and Nova 5Z factored in, will get you EMUI 10.1 beta update.
Below is a summary of the requirements needed to get EMUI 10.1 update on your Nova 5 handset or Magic UI 3.1 on your Honor 20S unit.
– Huawei Nova 5 – (Model number SEA-AL00, requires EMUI 188.8.131.52)
– Huawei Nova 5 Pro – (Model number SEA-AL10, requires EMUI 10.0.0.152/153)
– Huawei Nova 5i Pro – (Model number SPN-AL10, requires EMUI 184.108.40.206)
– Huawei Nova 5Z – (Model number SPN-AL00, requires EMUI 220.127.116.11)
– Honor 20S – (Model number YAL–AL50, requires Magic UI 3.0 v18.104.22.168)
It’s worth noting that for some reason, the recruitment window will end on April 13 for the Nova 5 Pro while the rest of the devices will extend until April 19. Granted, the EMUI 10.1 beta update should hit the Nova 5 Pro ahead of the rest. We’ll update this story when the rollout begins.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.