[Download link inside] After Realme X2, Realme X2 Pro Realme UI (Android 10) stable update officially begins rolling out
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (from March 29) follows:
Back in November last year, Realme released the roadmap for the Android 10-based Realme UI. Sticking to the schedule, after pushing Android 10 to Realme 3 Pro and Realme XT in January, and Realme X and Realme 5 Pro in February, Realme X2 and X2 Pro were due in the current month.
Realme X2 was expected to get upgraded during the last week of March. And right in time, the device got to taste the latest-and-the-greatest Android 10. However, its Pro kin, on the other hand, was expected to get bumped to Realme UI somewhere in the mid of the month, but that didn’t really happen.
Cut to now, the wait is over even for Realme X2 Pro users as the OEM has finally pushed the stable Realme UI/Android 10 update to the device. The update bears build number RMX1931EX_11.C.23 and brigs in a lot of Realme UI/Android 10 goodies.
But before you head to check whether Android 10 has hit your X2 Pro unit, please be informed the update is being pushed in batches. The broader rollout will begin after ensuring there are no major bugs/issues. So the wait may be longer for some of you.
The official announcement post for the update is live, and here’s what the long changelog states:
• Updated UI to realme UI
• Brand new Real Design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Optimized user interface and improved one-handed operation.
• Optimized Smart Sidebar: Replaced File Console with File Manager; removed OSIE Visual Effect and No Notification Alerts.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen Mode.
• Added two new features: “Assistive Ball Opacity” and “Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App”.
• Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added Bubbles: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse or open the app.
• Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot Gesture: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe to take a screenshot of the selected part of the screen (partial screen capture). Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen, and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0
• Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Focus Mode: Minimizes outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added whole new charging animation.
• Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Added pause feature for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimized system built-in ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• New management feature for recent tasks: You can view memory of recent tasks and locked apps.
• Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimized loading animation for Game Space.
• Added new live wallpapers.
• Added artistic wallpapers.
• Added option to open Global Search or the notification panel when swiping down on homescreen.
• Added option to customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on homescreen.
• Optimized the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operation.
• Support for animated wallpapers on the lockscreen.
• Added a Simple Mode for homescreen, featuring larger fonts, icons and a clearer layout.
• Random MAC address Generator: When your phone is connected to Wi-Fi network system generates a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating window.
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimized the Album UI for a clearer structure and photo thumbnails.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognize more than 80 different scenes.
• realme Share now supports sharing files with OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
Rejoice Realme X2 Pro users! That’s not all. With Android 11/ Android R under development, Realme users are also curious whether they’ll get to experience the Realme UI 2.0. You can head here to check the list of eligible Realme devices. Realme X2 Pro is of course eligible.
As for the download link of the Realme UI 1.0 for Realme X2 Pro, it’s not available yet, but we are keeping an eye and will update this post as and when that goes live.
Due credits: Thanks for the tip Satinder!
Update 1 (March 31)
Here’s the download link for those who don’t wish to wait for the OTA to hit their units:
- Device: Realme X2 Pro
- Codename: #RMX1931EX
- Channel: Global (India) Stable
- Version: realme UI 1.0
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 047a542061cfb4fc047b9e5f050e0348
- Type: Recovery
Update 2 (March 31)
The RealmeUI update is now live in China for the Realme X2 Pro devices.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.