[Stable update live] Oppo R17 & Reno ColorOS 7 (Android 10) third batch and second batch for Find X early adopters goes live
This story is being continuously updated…. New updates are being added at the bottom…..
Original story (published on March 16) follows:
Towards the end of November last year, Oppo released the latest ColorOS 7. The new iteration of ColorOS, based on Android 10, bought many new features to both the Oppo and Realme devices.
Before these updates are available for the wider audience, they are released for the beta tester who tests it and subsequently provide feedback. Furthermore, the testing is done in batches. A few days back, we reported about the second batch of ColorOS 7 trial for Oppo Reno.
And now, the said device, along with R17, is welcoming the third batch for testing the ColorOS7 (Android 10). Along the same lines, the second batch for Find X is also live for the testers.
The company has already released the roadmap for the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) update for its list of devices. As per its schedule, the beta test for the Reno2 Z, Reno2 F, and the RX17 Pro will be starting later this month.
Oppo Reno and R17 ColorOS 7 (Android 10)
The third batch for the early adopters is now live for Oppo Reno and R17. For Reno, the slot is available for the first 50,000 people. Before applying, make sure your device has been upgraded to the A.22/A.23/A.24 version.
For the Oppo R17, there are currently 10,000 slots available. Likewise, before you proceed ahead, make sure your device has been updated to the C10/C11 version. Also, do keep in mind that the trial version might be unstable and have a bug or two as well.
On that note, here is the complete changelog of the ColorOS 7 Android 10 update for the Oppo R17 and Reno (translated from Chinese):
- New borderless design new upgrade, more visual shock, more efficient operation, more natural experience
- New OPPO Sans default font, overall simplicity and elegance, rich in scientific and technological beauty
- New Breeno instructions let you complete daily tasks faster in fewer steps, and create personalized shortcut instructions
- New Breeno voice, photo search function, can be based on photo time, location, people, etc.
- New Breeno voice, camera wake-up, voice-switchable camera mode
- New Breeno voice, turn on turn off dark mode, query steps, turn on Breeno screen and other voice commands
- New Breeno suggests that low-power alerts, when low-power automatic detection of nearby charging treasure merchants
- New Breeno sleep mode, dark mode at night, and turn on Do Not Disturb
- New Breeno screen, meeting schedule information recognition, can be added with one click of the agenda
- Optimize Breeno sweep, independent sweep with objects, easy to evoke
- New Breeno driving to quickly turn on phones, music, WeChat and a recently used app
- New Breeno Express, News and Information Module
- Optimize visual interaction to enhance the one-handed experience
- Optimize the smart sidebar, replace the file desk with file management, and remove Breeno voice, ultra-clear vision, notice do not disturb three shortcut tools
- New note shortcut tool
- New support drag and drop app for fast split-screen
- New “Buoy Transparency” and “Buoy Full Screen Hide” settings
- Optimize the floating window mode suitable range, more applications support floating window opening
- New floating window bubble function, support for quick expansion/folding floating window
- Optimize three-finger screenshots, you can select the screen-blocking area by three-finger press and swipe, and press and slide out of the screen to quickly hold a screen
- New screenshot settings to adjust preview window position, setting chime, etc.
- Optimize screenshot preview float, drop-down to share, pull-up float window for long screen castoff
“Navigation Gestures 3.0”
- New Slide in in from both sides of the screen and stay to switch to the previous app
- Optimize all gestures to support cross-screen scenes
- New flashback key, support navigation, taxi, game important information desktop display, one-click quick return to the app
- New dark color mode, power saving and eye protection
- New focus mode to help block outside distractions while working or studying
- New charging animation style
- Optimize control center interaction, one-handed operation experience is more friendly
- New screen recording pause function
- New screen recording float and recording settings
- New 360 clean-up engine
- New global theme, theme addmore playability
- New Global Delete Sound Effects, Calculator Key tones, Compass Pointing to Sound Feedback
- Optimised built-in ringtone resources
- New barrier-free TalkBack suspension tips
- New barrier-free color mode to enhance the experience of visually impaired users
- New recent task management page with recent task display memory information switch and app lock management
- Optimize the visual interaction of the game space
- Optimise Game Space Launch Animation
- Optimize game assistant interaction and outbound mode, new gamepad connection entrance
- New interactive live wallpaper
- New Art-and-Still Wallpaper
- New desktop slide settings to customize open global search or notification hub
- New desktop icon customization, you can customize the size, shape, style of the icon
- Optimize the unlock process, cross-scratch to switch unlock mode
- Optimize password unlock vision, one-handed unlock more convenient
- New lock screen support live wallpaper
- Optimize the breath-screen clock style, more personality choices
- New desktop simple mode, larger font icon, more concise and clear
- New password this feature, automatic ally password, one-click login
- New Remote Guardian app usage time, you can see the binding phone nearly 7 days of use of the app
- New Remote Guard deactivation window, you can set the disabled period of the bound phone
- New Remote Guardian app set time limit, you can set the binding phone app use time, limit some game match
- New Remote Guardian One-click navigation, one-click navigation to the location of the bound phone
- New SOS Emergency Contact Smart Customer Service for Help, When the emergency contact does not answer the phone, intelligent customer service will help continue to call the emergency contact phone
- New random MAC address connection WiFi, block targeted advertising, protect privacy, information security
- New sensitive permissions when using the status bar icon prompt, you can view the specific call of the application details, to prevent personal privacy disclosure
- New permission usage record to view the history of app call permissions
- New note palace style
- New note background setting, available in 6 colors and 4 skin backgrounds
- New note time reminder function, you can set memo reminder point in time
- New note removal retrieval feature, deleted notes will be retained in the recently deleted folder for 30 days
- New calculator window mode, support for quick start-up through control center and smart sidebar
- New recording crop function, can be cut for existing recordings, to obtain important clips
- New calendar supports custom scheduling recurrence
- New alarm dynamic weather ringtones, match different ringtones depending on the day’s weather
- New weather animation effect, according to different weather to show different dynamics
- New file management addopPO cloud disk portal, access to OPPO cloud content
- Optimize camera interaction to enhance the operating experience
- Optimize photo countdown interaction with cue
- Optimize album atlas interaction, clearer level, more convenient to find pictures
- New album recommendations to support more than 80 types of scene recognition
- New OPPO intertransmission support and vivo, Xiaomi equipment mutual transmission
- Optimize phone-based vision for a more concise and efficient experience
- New strange number call quick settings page, one-click new contact, add tags or blacklist
- New deactivation period, custom deactivation time period, effective management of mobile phone usage time
- New app setting sittime, you can set the app use time, limit some game match, prevent app and game addiction
- Optimize setting up search function to support fuzzy search and search record presentation
- New Soloop ready-to-record, more understanding of your video intelligent authoring tools
- New health, monitoring of sports health data, providing health services
Find X ColorOS 7 (Android 10)
Likewise, the second batch for ColorOS 7 testing for the Find X is now live. A quota of 8,000 users is set for this batch. Please make sure your device has been updated to the latest official version before proceeding.
Now, to apply, go to “Settings – Software Updates”, tap the settings icon in the upper right corner, tap “Trial Version”, fill in the information, select the must-know checkbox, and tap “Apply Now”. Here is the changelog that comes with this update:
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
• New gesture: Swipe left or right at the bottom of the screen to switch between recently used apps.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
As already mentioned, the trial version might be unstable and buggy. So if you don’t want to try out this beta build, wait for the stable version to land onto your device.
Update 1 (March 27)
The fourth Find X recruitment batch for ColorOS7 is now live.
Update 2 (April 11)
The stable ColorsOS 7 update rollout schedule has been released by the company. Head here for more coverage.
Update 3 (April 20)
The stable update for ColorOS 7 is now live for the R17 and R17 pro devices. Head here for more details.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.