Asus ZenFone Max M1 Android 10 update arrives as unofficial LineageOS 17.1
When Google rolled out the Android 10 OS back in September 2019, users were pretty excited to experience the new Android version as it brought in tons of new changes.
However, as the days passed by, OEMs dropped certain devices from the list of devices that will get updated to Android 10.
Although Asus has not shared any timeline of the list of compatible devices that are eligible for Android 10, there is no certainty whether Asus ZenFone Max M1 will get the update or not.
Taking about the phone, the ZenFone Max M1 came with Android 8 Oreo and ZenUI 5 out of the box. While there is no clarity about the Android 9 Pie update, users can enjoy the latest Android 10 update on the phone via the unofficial LineageOS 17.1.
Thanks to the team of TipzTeam for developing this unofficial LineageOS 17.1 for the Asus ZenFone Max M1, users can enjoy Android 10 on their ZenFone Max M1.
And if you are also interested in enjoying the latest features like enhanced privacy, new gesture navigation, system-wide dark mode, Digital Wellbeing, etc. on your Asus ZenFone Max M1 then, you can follow the guide as explained by GetDroidTips, mentioned below:
– Unofficial LineageOS 17.1 Link (Link has been taken off as a new ROM is in works, we’ll add the link once it’s out)
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Asus ZenFone Max M1 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
Before flashing the unofficial LineageOS 17.1 on your ZenFone Max M1, make sure that you have taken a complete backup of your data and you have an unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery installed on your phone.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.