𝗪𝗲’𝘃𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗢𝗦7+ 𝗔𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗶𝗱𝟭𝟬 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻!— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) February 24, 2020
Receive system update within 3 days upon successful application - Watch this tutorial to get ahead of the ‘First come, first served’ game! 🤩 pic.twitter.com/m2ioirq6tl
[Rolling out] Oppo Reno2 Z ColorOS 7 (Android 10) early adopter recruitment begins, update will be available in three days
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on March 16, 2020) follows:
Some of the Oppo devices are yet in line to receive the Android 10 updates while Google is already prepping up the release of its new operating system of 2020, i.e. Android 11.
Earlier, Oppo released a new roadmap with revamped dates for rolling out the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) early adoption updates for the Oppo devices. As per the roadmap, the Oppo Reno2 Z was scheduled to get the Android 10 update by March 16, 2020.
However, just a couple of days later, on being asked by a user regarding the Android 10 update for the Oppo Reno2 Z, the official Twitter handle of Oppo customer care responded that the update will arrive by the end of March.
We have always advised our readers to take customer care responses with a pinch of salt because as per a recent development, the Oppo Reno2 Z early adopters recruitment for the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) has now begun in India.
The recruitment is, however, limited to 2,000 users in the first batch. Moreover, those who have successfully enrolled themselves with this early adopter program will be receiving the updates within 3 days.
Check out the complete official changelog of the ColorOS 7 (Android 10) update for the Oppo Reno2 Z:
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
• New gesture: Swipe left or right at the bottom of the screen to switch between recently used apps.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlock to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for a better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and a quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
It goes without saying that being a beta update, there will be some bugs and issues associated with this trial version update. So, make sure that you keep in mind before installing this ColorOS 7 beta update on your device.
To know how to enroll yourself in this early adopters program, do watch the official video below:
And for those who could get themselves registered with this trial version of ColorOS 7 (Android 10), can wait for the official stable OTA update to arrive on their devices soon. So stay tuned for the development.
Update (March 19)
The ColorOS 7 (Android 10) beta update is now rolling out. Read the whole story here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.