Indian Realme X2 January 2020 update brings December patch, dark mode quick toggle & more (Download link inside)
Regular updates are an essential part of the user experience of any device. These OTA updates could be anything from bug fixes to security patches and even feature addition.
Android phone makers have really stepped up in this regard. Many phone makers do push out regular software updates, which also includes maintaining legacy devices. This is a far cry from yesteryears. Chinese OEMs like OPPO are doing great lately, while Realme, their sister company is not far behind.
The successor to Realme X, i.e. Realme X2, has made its presence in India a few days ago. Powered by a very capable Snapdragon 730G SoC, the phone ditched the motorized popup camera in favor of a ‘dewdrop’ notch.
The Indian variant of Realme X2 is now getting its first major update. Sized about 265 MB, the incremental OTA bumps the software version (ColorOS 6.1 based on Android Pie) from A.15 to A.17.
The official announcement for the update went live merely minutes before writing this article, thus we know the changes that it brings.
Apart from the introduction of December 2019 security patch, the improvements are mainly geared towards fixing bugs and issues, and also optimizing various functions on the device.
– Android security patch: December, 2019
– Optimized the voice call quality of the third-party application
– Optimized nightscape quality of front camera
– Updated font change supporting in Theme Store
Notification Center and Status Bar
– Added dark mode fast switch toggles in the notification center
– Added personal hotspot data consumption display
– Optimized standby power consumption in partial scenarios
Known issue fixed
– Fixed the issue of low sound when connected to AirPods2 headset
– Fixed the problem that the background of the WhatsApp application dialog is not clear in dark mode
– Fixed the issue of camera overexposure in some scenes
To recall, the Chinese variant of the phone recently received the December 2019 security update. However, the internal device identifies are slightly different (China: rmx1991; India: rmx1992). As a result, cross-flashing would be difficult.
As has been the case with Realme updates in the past, we expect this to be a staged rollout. As such, it might take a couple of days before your Realme X2 is updated.
On the other hand, you can also update the phone manually using the (o)zip file provided in the link below:
- Device: Realme X2
- Channel: Global (India) Stable
- Version: A.17
- Android: 9
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: 3e64a473eae2eb3055ebc0095a7641f3
- Type: Recovery
NOTE: We have these and many more Realme-related stories in our dedicated Realme section. Check it out for the very latest on all things Realme.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.