[Rolling out] OPPO F11 & F11 Pro invited to try ColorOS 7 (Android 10) update, limited slots available
New updates are being added at the bottom of this story…….
Original story (published on December 31, 2019) follows:
OPPO unveiled ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 last month and promised to bring the new OS to several of its devices before the end of the year.
In the official roadmap announced a short while after ColorOS 7 was unveiled, OPPO did confirm that six of its devices will receive Android 10 beta update before the beginning of 2020.
In an announcement post made in the official ColorOS forums, OPPO says owners of the F11 and F11 Pro can now try the latest ColorOS 7 update based on Android 10 ahead of the stable rollout in 2020.
Dear ColorOS Superfans, The long-awaited F11/F11 Pro ColorOS 7 + Android 10 Trial Version Program finally kicks off. If you want to try the trial version, submit your application. A quota of 2,000 users is set for the 1st batch application. So hurry up & don’t miss it.
As you can see from the statement above, not everyone is invited to grab the OPPO F11 Android 10 beta update right now. Instead, only limited slots (2,000) are available for the first batch.
At this point, we don’t know when OPPO will push the F11 Android 10 update to the next batch, but it’s likely that this will bring the stable version of ColorOS 7 to the devices.
To get the ColorOS 7 beta update on your OPPO F11 or F11 Pro:
1. First, please make sure that you are updated to the latest official version of F11/F11 Pro.
2. Go to “Settings > Software Updates”, tap the settings icon in the upper right corner, tap “Trial Version”, fill in the information, select the must-know checkbox, and tap “Apply Now”.
Unless the program is full, you should be able to get an OTA update that brings ColorOS 7 beta based on Android 10 to your OPPO F11 or F11 Pro handset. Otherwise, you will have to wait for the next round. Any issues should be reported via the ColorOS Community App.
Below is a summary of what the OPPO F11 Android 10 update brings forth:
- Your system will be upgraded to ColorOS 7 and Android 10.
- Borderless visuals bring a lighter feel and a smoother experience.Updates
- Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Optimized user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added all new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating.
- Added the trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimized the Camera UI for better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with Vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
Update (January 08, 2020)
A new ColorOS 7 update is now rolling out to both the OPPO F11 and OPPO F11 Pro as an OTA. Details here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.