BREAKING: Redmi 7A MIUI 11 update re-released in India with December security patch (Download link inside)
Pushing out MIUI 11 update is one of the important tasks in hand for the Chinese smartphone giant Xiaomi. And during the last few months, Xiaomi has upgraded a lot of its devices to the latest MIUI 11.
Note that devices need not be running the latest Android 10 in order to receive the MIUI 11 update. However, this 11th iteration of the in-house Android skin i.e. MIUI was re-released for quite a few Xiaomi smartphones.
And according to recent development, Redmi 7A MIUI 11 update is getting re-released with the December 2019 security patchset. Notably, the update is currently live for Indian users.
PiunikaWeb readers must know that Redmi 7A was one of the early recipients of the MIUI 11 stable update from Xiaomi. But at that time, Indian users were left behind. However, it was later pushed for the Indian masses in December.
Talking about the update, it is arriving with a new build V188.8.131.52.PCMINXM and weighs in around 1.5 GB for the complete update package file.
It also brings along some new features and goodies like new UI design, sounds of nature, quick replies, app lock, game speed booster and much more.
You can check out the official changelog of the latest update below:
Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
– Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
– Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
– Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
– Preview your documents before you open them
– Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
– Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
– Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
– Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
– Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
– Record and track your menstruation cycle
– New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
– Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
– Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019. Increased system security.
– New: Locking Google contacts is available now
Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
– New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
– Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
– Fix: Couldn’t open the Notification shade in some cases
– Optimization: More obvious naming for local time
– New: Quick replies for messaging apps
– New: You can swipe down to view more shortcuts now
– Optimization: All-new design and UI
– Fix: The app force closed in some cases
Game speed booster
– New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
– New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
– New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
– Optimization: You can open the gaming toolbox by swiping from the top side of the screen
– Fix: Hands-free call duration wasn’t displayed correctly in Game Turbo
– Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
– Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
– A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
– Optimization: Localized payment security icon for India
– Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
But going by the reports, many users have not yet received the MIUI 11 update on their Redmi 7A device. You can check out few of the user reports below:
However, according to one of the Moderators, the MIUI 11 update for the Redmi 7A has been released partially for selected users and others will receive the update soon.
MIUI 11 has been released for selected and partial users. You will get the update soon.
Keep in mind that the update is being pushed via OTA in batches and will take some time in hitting all the units. However, you can avoid the wait and download the zip file from below:
- Device: Redmi 7A
- Codename: pine
- Channel: India Stable
- Version: V184.108.40.206.PCMINXM
- Android: 9
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: bc576fd57801e11118e85942dc1a0ba9
- Type: Recovery
Note – You can check out our Xiaomi section to keep yourself updated regarding all the latest happenings around Xiaomi smartphones.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.