Asus 6z (ZenFone 6) gets a huge update with November patch, camera & audio improvements (Download link inside)
Asus followed the initial update with quick bug-fixer addressing issues related to the mechanism of system update, general system stability, and audio quality.
Close to a month ago, the ZenFone 6 picked up yet another Android 10 build, this time tagging along fixes for Asus Launcher & Settings bug alongside some improvements to the fingerprint unlock performance.
Today, the device is also receiving a new software update in multiple markets, including India and Japan. Whether you are on the global (WW), Indian (IN) or Japanese (JP) firmware, the new arrival has version 17.1810.1911.110 and weighs in at 224MB.
Even though the changelog is pretty much the same for all three models that are receiving the new update, there should be some minor differences. For instance, don’t expect to get network optimizations meant for the Brazilian market when using the Indian or Japanese model.
Below is a summary of the changes included in the latest ZenFone 6 update as provided by Asus:
1. Updated security patch to November 2019
2. Updated APN settings
3. Adjusted the boot animation
4. Support six new languages in India (Telugu, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam and Tamil)
5. Enabled Brazil Vivo VoLTE/VoWiFi
6. Integrated ultrawide camera and main camera on the zoom slider
7. Added a setting to change the styles of power button menu
8. Added an option to adjust the ringtone volume once incoming call occurs
9. Fixed that user can’t have phone call when using the 3.5mm headphones without mic
10. Added the ability to show AM/PM with 12hr clock-format
Apparently, this update also includes some changes to the stock camera and fixes for GCam support. It’s also worth noting that installing firmware that isn’t meant for your region may break SafetyNet, so better stick around until the right firmware arrives.
For those who haven’t received the download notification on their WW, IN or possibly JP models, we have the link you need to grab the firmware for manual installation unless you are okay with waiting days for the OTA to arrive.
- Device: Asus ZenFone 6 (Asus 6z)
- Codename: i01wd
- Channel: Global Stable
- Version: 17.1810.1911.110
- Android: 10
- Type: Recovery
- Download: Link
- MD5: bd300e5b4451f2f520bad0b5584eb766
- Type: Recovery
NOTE: We have more Asus stuff here.
PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on ‘breaking’ or ‘exclusive’ news. In no time, our stories got picked up by the likes of Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors, and many others. Want to know more about us? Head here.